IA here

My wife kept going back to look at a mini Rex. I thought it was coming home with us but to my surprise she never did "pull the trigger"!

welcome-byc.gif
Is that your coop in your avatar? That's beautiful! Could you build me a dozen just like it?

Thank you, it's the first big thing that I've made! I used the Purina coop plan with a few modifications and I still have a couple small things to do, like tin on the roof and a small window box that just needs painted and attached.

Sammie and Albert, sorry I missed you both! Jim, yes it was good to see you and Trish again and Jason!
All chicks starts and bantam BCM home safely. Blackie, (BCM bantam) and Blue (yes I know but it works. okay) get along like they have always been together! I have had to combine some chicks like I normally would not but a dose of antibiotics should cure any bad things.
And yes, we came home with a dog... again... Probably should not have but we did. This dog had shots yesterday so the stress of everything is causing her to be very lethargic. She has not peed or pooped. That concerns me but her color is good. She is very shy. I wonder if maybe she had been beaten? She does not know how to walk on a leash and won't hardly move. Will give her a nights rest in the garage in a kennel, where it will be quiet with the chickens.
when we left home yesterday, I was going to empty the hatcher thinking the other eggs were not going to hatch. to my suprise I found a Buttercup chick trying to hatch! I peeled away a little shell to give it a start, misted i down well and away we went. Got home and the poor thing was still in the shell, dried in but trying to get out! And boy was it ready! A small piece of membrane had dried around it's head, keeping it from moving, the rest of it's body was free. Had to soak it down pretty good to get the membranes loose but it's drying now and should be ready for the brooder soon. It's going to be a hardy one!
We had some rain here but no storms. Anyone have bad storms in their area?

@ mrandmrs- We had nice (but windy) weather all the way back down to North English. We may have passed you on the sidewalk! We arrived 10-10:30-ish. Passed some folks on their way out trying to coax a shy puppy into walking on a leash but the pup was having none of it! May have been you? We were the couple with four kids running in all directions lol.

Wish I had made it to Waverly but I went to poultry show in Indiana this weekend instead. Had a good time and met some very good people and observed some good birds.

@ mrandmrs- We had nice (but windy) weather all the way back down to North English. We may have passed you on the sidewalk! We arrived 10-10:30-ish. Passed some folks on their way out trying to coax a shy puppy into walking on a leash but the pup was having none of it! May have been you? We were the couple with four kids running in all directions lol.

Nope, that was not us. Dog went in pet taxi for the ride home.

Iowa is checking in. I am in Charles City, small town in NE IA I have banties 1 cochin, 4 silkies,1 token standard "Bertha" and I am awaiting eggs to hatch hopefully by Friday yippeee. Not sure what I will be doing with all the chickies if they all hatch:D

Hello from the Volunteer State! Tennessee here checking in and saying hello to the U.S. Poultry World! To be more specific, I am in Chattanooga,TN; which is Eastern Tennessee! I am so happy to be here and represent my part of the great world! I am a breeder of Large Fowl Leghorns, Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, & The Cottage Hill Line of Wheaten Marans! Cock A Doodle Dooo!!!

Hey fellow Iowans! I'm in Northeastern Iowa and am looking for neat-o colored egg laying pullets. Have any idea where I could find some (marans, OE's, welsummers)? I'm only looking for about 3 more chicks, so hatcheries are out of the question. Thanks!

Where in NE Iowa are you at? I'm in Independence. I have OE, EE, Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans, and Ameraucanas. I can tell the gender on the Wellies and Cuckoos. The others are Straight Run. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom