I'm concerned - hen stops laying....

missypebble

Songster
9 Years
Mar 11, 2011
I'm going to post another one on this as I have no clue what to do -

An 8 months old RIR laid an egg with no shell on Tuesday of this week - 5 days ago. Earlier that day, she also laid a normal egg then late at night, she laid an egg with no shell. Next morning, we pulled out the white shell. Later on that day, (Wednesday), we gave her a shot of Penicillin and later that afternoon, she tried to lay, but there was no egg. Everyday after that, she tried to lay, but there was no egg since.

What should I do? Also, I see that she does that "gagging" several times a day....

Please help!!!

i've been feeling her vent at least once a day, but either im so new to taking care of chickens or that i really couldn't find any egg stuck. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I stop giving her treats, except a mix of probiotic yogurt with a bit of apple sauce. I see that she increases eating grass a bit more as her drops have been full of grasses/ green stuff. I'm only feeding her layer crumble at this point and no other source of protein. I'm worry about her health more than missing the eggs from her, but I guess for her to be a healthy hen, she needs to lay egg....I'm just so nervous and confused....

Back
Top Bottom