Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

Glad I don't have to worry about that, I have 5 brooder/grow out setups in the house right now (three in the dining room and two in the living room) and even have a dedicated room in the basement for grow out...

My lady just goes with the flow...

I need her to talk to my DH. He doesn't even like it when I want to keep new chicks in the utility room unless it's too cold to put them outside.

I need her to talk to my DH. He doesn't even like it when I want to keep new chicks in the utility room unless it's too cold to put them outside.

Beings we are on spouses, I am like meep. My wife let me try to hatch two batches in the dining room. I then moved it to the basement, because I thought the air conditioner was drying out the eggs. ( it was my bad thermometer). She helps me candle eggs and even uses her stethoscope to listen inside the eggs.

She set up a neo-natal unit with an ICU for new borns. She made a hospital for sick older ones. And she beer or wine out for chicken TV every night. Tonight she even helped me round up the sneaky little CX"s that did not want to go into the tractor/brooder. (free range CX's for a couple days now.)

However, she does keep a small bucket of water to throw at the poor turkeys that just want to sit on the deck to the house.

Beings we are on spouses, I am like meep. My wife let me try to hatch two batches in the dining room. I then moved it to the basement, because I thought the air conditioner was drying out the eggs. ( it was my bad thermometer). She helps me candle eggs and even uses her stethoscope to listen inside the eggs.

She set up a neo-natal unit with an ICU for new borns. She made a hospital for sick older ones. And she beer or wine out for chicken TV every night. Tonight she even helped me round up the sneaky little CX"s that did not want to go into the tractor/brooder. (free range CX's for a couple days now.)

However, she does keep a small bucket of water to throw at the poor turkeys that just want to sit on the deck to the house.
thumbsup.gif
to all the patient spouses of us chicken ppl!!!!
love.gif

Sounds like you need a closer source for your fix...I mean eggs....
hide.gif
Just trying to enable my fellow hatch-a-holics here.
big_smile.png
LOL...your are RIGHT!!!! I need a local hook-up for my bantam baby addiction, but not much luck so far
sad.png
Could be that I am looking late in the year????
idunno.gif
First time I have tried and looked into it and summer is when I had time for all the craziness! Now school is back in and getting my classroom going in taking up ALL my time
roll.png
Thanks for the support
highfive.gif
Family thinks I am chick crazy...which I am
wee.gif

Thank you @calichicken did you really get only one bantam cochin?
hugs.gif

I agree, they are VERY cute, and keep tempting me. I have to say very firmly "no single combs!!!"
Here is a little more temptation...LOL...

Top is Bantam Cochin I believe and bottom is Bantam Frizzle..think my Cochin may be a ROO
hit.gif
No Roo's allowed where I live

And not sure about this baby
idunno.gif
But they are both ADORABLE
love.gif

WOW! I really like the orangy one! With all of this gloomy-ness up north, I really prefer brightly colored chickens.

Of course, I say that, and I do really like my Marans too. The Marans are super shiny though, and the ones with good copper just pop!

Congrats on your chicks (but i agree,
hide.gif
I think the one, already having such a big comb, does look like a boy
hit.gif
)

WOW! I really like the orangy one! With all of this gloomy-ness up north, I really prefer brightly colored chickens.

Of course, I say that, and I do really like my Marans too. The Marans are super shiny though, and the ones with good copper just pop!

Congrats on your chicks (but i agree,
hide.gif
I think the one, already having such a big comb, does look like a boy
hit.gif
)
Thanks!
smile.png
I am in love with my orangy baby and probably won't be able to keep it
hit.gif
I have been wanting a buff/tan/light brown type of Bantam Cochin for a while now.....my daughter is love with the Frizzle baby. I also like the bright colored chickens...the laced varieties are so pretty too!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom