Incubating Swan Eggs

Hello Folks. I am successful at hatching peafowl eggs but have no experience with Swan eggs. I have 2 (swan) ready to go in the hatcher today. Even tho it's difficult to see into the egg when candling I am positive I see movement so keep your fingers crossed for me. Have read humidity is 60 and raised as high as 80 during hatching stage. Any advice? I didn't mist the eggs. May have been a huge mistake but I get another chance. I put a few more swan eggs in the incubator yesterday.........should I absolutely mist them? Please share your experience with me......I so want these to hatch. I read it's pretty important a swan incubate the eggs for a week before moving them to an incubator. Is this true? Thanks much.

Good luck
I hope they hatch!!
1f414.png

Maybe someone can rent a pair for the while they lay and incubate, then adopt the cygnets and send mommy and daddy home??

I read that the mother knows exactly how to turn eggs. And this is a skill that we might not have, more than intelligence can handle.

I adopt by using photographs >

Hello Folks. I am successful at hatching peafowl eggs but have no experience with Swan eggs. I have 2 (swan) ready to go in the hatcher today. Even tho it's difficult to see into the egg when candling I am positive I see movement so keep your fingers crossed for me. Have read humidity is 60 and raised as high as 80 during hatching stage. Any advice? I didn't mist the eggs. May have been a huge mistake but I get another chance. I put a few more swan eggs in the incubator yesterday.........should I absolutely mist them? Please share your experience with me......I so want these to hatch. I read it's pretty important a swan incubate the eggs for a week before moving them to an incubator. Is this true? Thanks much.
misting eggs is a good idea I would do it. I have never personally incubated swan eggs but I have incubated goose and duck. Letting the mom set for the first week will help you out yes that's what I would do. but it's not absolutely necessary. Hope they hatch for ya :)

Back
Top Bottom