INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in a book I'm going to be tripping over today!
There's a second incubator underneath the top incubator, and I need to get out the superglue for the bottom incubator. On the other side of the bed, are 18 chicks that are really starting to smell bad! So I have to clean their brooder a second time.
Aaaaaaand then there's the closet.
Should be able to get all that done this morning right?

Morning peeps....I'm on here before it explodes this morning....
frow.gif
frow.gif
good luck at docs Phil!

I got to head out in a few for a dr appointment. Do just chilling with a cup of Joe for the moment.

Hi all, I figured I should just jump in to an incubating thread, since I'm planning to buy an incubator soon, and hatch out some chicks and poults. Take a look at this- someone is giving it away free on the Indianapolis Craigslist. Now wouldn't that make an awesome cooler-bator?!

00z0z_eWkxVrPktYj_600x450.jpg

Too bad I'm not ready to start out quite so big!

AWESOME!!! Cant wait to watch this build!!! Welcome @Finnie
frow.gif
is that what you wish I to call you? Finnie? Beautiful website filled with beauties!!!
bow.gif

They also got to spend a little time out in the free world.. under Max's watchful eye.
big_smile.png

Now I have to go and make coin. I hope everyone is doing well and has a great day!!! Will try to catch up later.
frow.gif
did they go back in for you without issues?

Quote: Hi, thanks!
frow.gif

Easter Leggers and Olive Leggers!

Well, actually, my plans are for turkeys, and I'm going to throw some chickens in to teach the poults how to eat. I have a Cream Legbar rooster and various hens. So I'm picking the prettiest blue egg I get and the darkest brown egg that I get. Pretty sure those come from an Easter Egger and a Black Langshan. So the results may be um, interesting.
awesome!!!

caf.gif

Good Morning All!
morning!!! How are you?

caf.gif
Good morning

Quote: Mornin sweets!

Interior measurements for my cooler:
11 1/2 inches deep
11 1/2 inches wide
16 1/2 inches long

@Sally Sunshine

-Banti

Thats awesome!! the turner is still running good?  how often does it turn?

I'll review my notes to get more organized. In the beginning I had the incubator running dry (16-25%) and used the switch to turn the eggs one turn about 5 times a day. I did that from day 2 - day 6 or so. Then I set the timer/auto turner to 15 minutes 4 times a day until about day 12. I might have the dates wrong, but the air cells concerned me (a couple were wiggly and large) so I increased humidity to >40%. I turned by the switch twice a day until day 14 when I stopped turning. I didn't stick with a set plan. I'm going to modify my timer to get better records next time.
Brief review: microwave turner is great reliability and pace of turning. I'm continuing to assess.

A dozen posts while I was typing... Still can't keep up. I hope all is well with all.

Quote: It is in a book I'm going to be tripping over today!
There's a second incubator underneath the top incubator, and I need to get out the superglue for the bottom incubator. On the other side of the bed, are 18 chicks that are really starting to smell bad! So I have to clean their brooder a second time.
Aaaaaaand then there's the closet.
ep.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom