IncuCube Bator

I tried to use mine just to hatch in for Thanksgiving and it was going fine then hatch night it went up to 103...tried to cook my hatchlings so I cleaned it up and I don't know about using it again being that it's winter time and cool in my house

mine is still in storage. I doubt I'll chance using it as long as I can hatch a few eggs under my 2 silkies. I had to have the heating element replaced once . I haven't had any thing hatch in it for me as of yet. I'm afraid it was a waste of money.

I feel badly that I spent $99 on it. The fan/heater stopped working before the hatch was over. as you said, you live and learn

I know this is an older topic, but I fired up my incucube 3 weeks ago and I have had the best hatch ever! Temp hardly ever moved, very easy to keep humidity in check, the new turner they sent me worked great!
I think last summer was just too hot, and i was using shipped eggs. The eggs I used this time was more or less an experiment because they were so cold they were close to being frozen! I have read a lot more over the winter and found out heat will kill a developing egg much faster than the cold. My temp stayed at 99.5 pretty much the entire time. I hope to buy extra parts for mine but they don't sell it anymore?

Quote:
Mine is sitting in the same spot where I used it last summer
smile.png
in the dining room. It worked great for me and my temp experience sounds like yours. Stayed constant and it hatched well. I plan on using it again this season as well just have not turned it on yet since I don't have eggs ready. I would suggest visiting their website and emailing them regarding what your looking for. They may have a parts area and can help you. Never hurts to at least ask.

it's funny you brought this thread back up...I am getting some shipped Coturnix eggs today and will be setting them in my IncuCube tomorrow with the new turner..it'll be the first time I've fired it up since last April!!

I am going to be installing my Spotcheck thermometer however to watch temps.

Dan

Hi, Last year I drove myself nearly nuts, had 4 different thermometers in the Hovabator and each one had a different reading! This year I used the one from incubator warehouse and it worked out very well. Didn't have room for more than that anyway! LOL

Back
Top Bottom