Incuview Incubator

Thanks all!

The links helped. The part that seemed to lose connection is where the power supply plugs into the unit. I've gone ahead and purchased the 1588 as a back up, since I get my eggs on Sunday, I don't want to run the risk of not having a working incubator.

I'll still get my Incuview out and start running it to see what it does. If it seems good I will return the 1588. Worst case scenario, I can use the 1588 for incubating and the Incuview for lockdown so I can watch the hatch. The view of the Incuview has always been its biggest selling point for me.

Thanks all!

The links helped. The part that seemed to lose connection is where the power supply plugs into the unit. I've gone ahead and purchased the 1588 as a back up, since I get my eggs on Sunday, I don't want to run the risk of not having a working incubator.

I'll still get my Incuview out and start running it to see what it does. If it seems good I will return the 1588. Worst case scenario, I can use the 1588 for incubating and the Incuview for lockdown so I can watch the hatch. The view of the Incuview has always been its biggest selling point for me.
The 1588 has a large window that you can view the hatch with. I would keep it regardless of fixing the incuview. Even though I like my Imcuview alot, I like the 1588 better for hatching because it has more head room, so to speak.
Good luck with your hatch.

I set 24 eggs in the Incuview yesterday. So far holding temps and humidity really well and no power supply issues. Keeping a really close eye on it though. Fingers crossed for continued success.
Did you bother contacting them?
I set 24 about 5 days ago.

Did you bother contacting them?
I set 24 about 5 days ago.

No I didn't contact them. This is the third year since I bought it and they've replaced the lid once already. I think I was mostly concerned that for the lower price point, you aren't getting something designed to last a long time. Not sure if 3 years is the end of its useful working life or not. For now it's doing fine and I have the 1588 back up in case something goes awry.

Congrats on the 24 eggs! :fl For a great hatch.

The local breeder I picked up eggs from said that her fertility had just dropped so not to expect too much. Now I'm super curious as to how many are going to take. Will weigh and candle on Monday to see where we stand. Fun Stuff!!

Has anybody hatched shipped eggs in the incuview?
I bought some white laced red cornish for my first shipped egg adventure.. duh should of done something cheaper first. Didn't think about keeping them upright.
Nope, but, had a detached air cell and stood it in a bottle cap(1 1/2" dia)...it died on day 4 tho.
But it did ride the tray OK:
upload_2019-4-12_13-36-12.png

I bet you could use a carton, might have to stay away from the edges tho where the lid is lower.

Back
Top Bottom