Just following this thread...I just found it
pop.gif

Leahs : i think the "cliff notes" version is :
• voting on date to have the event
• voting on shirt color & if for a long sleeve T or hoodie
• also discussion on fundraising for this & future events
• also has been mentions on a 2016 location ideas
. . . . hope i didnt miss anything
Everything above looks like a wonderful summary. here is some more information about the shirts, long sleeve shirt, and hoodie.
The T-shirt ordering link is in the thread.
The long sleeve shirt or hoodie is up for a vote and plans are to get one of them ready to be available for ordering by mid March.
The color of the long sleeve shirt and hoodie is somewhat up for a vote as well. So far I only have about 6 votes for either the long sleeve shirt or the hoodie. At 6 the order won't print so I'm not going to close the voting just yet. But a choice will need to be made before the end of the month to provide time for getting the fund raiser all set up and the design resized to look correct.

Then there are plans in the works for a possible new design for the 2016 Chicken fest fundraiser items. Lots of ideas floating around. All input and possible ideas are welcome.

And the possibility of fund raising auctions for hatching eggs is being worked out right now. More details coming within the next 2-5 days on those.

D.gif
New Information Below:
D.gif

Wanted: Hatching Egg Donors.
jumpy.gif

It has been proposed that as another way to raise money for Chickenfest 2015, we have some hatching egg auctions.
Do you have birds producing fertile eggs? Then you qualify to be an egg donor. All fertile eggs acceptable - turkeys, quail, emu, pigeons, chickens, ducks, geese, etc ....
These auctions are a great way to increase the fun of getting local hatching eggs as well as provide a method for spreading all of the different breeds we have among our members. Anything from rare breeds and barnyard mixed eggs qualify for donating. All that is needed are the fertile eggs promised in the auction at the time the auction ends. Willing to ship? Great! Not so sure about shipping eggs and prefer pickup only? That is perfectly acceptable too, just let us know either way. And of course an additional benefit will be the funds raised to make Chickenfest a better experience for all involved.

Steps to becoming a hatching egg donor:
1. Consider what you want to donate.
2. Consider when you will have the eggs available. The eggs must be available at the end of the auction.
3. Consider if you are willing and able to ship and the costs involved including the postage as well as packaging materials. In state regional shipping is estimated at $10-15 but regional boxes need ordering from the USPS site meaning while a large flat rate box might cost a tad more, it is better for you the shipper. The bidder will be expected to arrange payment with the donor for shipping costs. You are NOT obligated to ship. You can choose pickup only if that is what you are more comfortable with. We just need to know so we can post your choice during the auction.
4. To sign up, please send a pm to @racinchickins Include:

your BYC username;
your location;
breed of donated eggs;
if you can provide a breed description that would be great;
the date you will have eggs available (a range would be best);
how many eggs you have for donation (the auction will not list more than you are willing to donate);
if you are willing to ship the eggs or if your eggs will be pick up only;
the amount of shipping money you would request, if you ship the eggs;
and the email you would want to have the shipping money sent to, if shipping the eggs.
All shipping requested funds will be paid by the buyer in addition to the winning bid amount. All shipping requested funds will be paid to the egg donor so that they may ship in a timely manner (hopefully the first business day after the auction ends).

The first auction was planned to start today but the weather has delayed it. I won't be collecting eggs for hatching until it is above 20F.

I would be happy to donate eggs but don't know what breeds will be laying when. Right now everybody has said, "no way, not me, not in this weather." And if someone does lay, the egg is frozen by the time I get there. If and when, I have EE's with a Brahma cross roo, silkies (white, blue, black, and splash), silver-laced Appenzellers, black copper and wheaten Marans, LF Polish (tolbunt roo, 2 tolbunt hens, splash frizzle hen, and silver laced hen), white crested black bantam polish (frizzle and smooth), bantam cochins (black quad and blue roo with two blue and one white hen). Can also pair up EE hens with a BCM roo for olive eggers. Except for the EE's, who run wherever, all pens are separated.

Some ideas from previous chickenstocks, raffles of donated items, especially pairs or chicks, or silent auctions. The raffles seem to go better. These were done the day of the get-together. A pinata for the kids was a hit (no pun intended, but it's there anyhow!).

Another idea for a presentation/discussion is heritage breed preservation. Janets recent post on that made me think of it.

We could talk about what they are, why we need them, and what it takes to preserve them. I could see this being more of a round table or panel discussion than a presentation by one person.

What about asking the Indiana State Poultry Association for a "poultry presentation" as well as an egg collection for the T-12 testing? Especially with the avian influenza threat, might have some good info for us backyard keepers!

What about asking the Indiana State Poultry Association for a "poultry presentation" as well as an egg collection for the T-12 testing? Especially with the avian influenza threat, might have some good info for us backyard keepers!
I have been talking with the ISPA about doing a presentation. They will be sending me some materials to hand out. Hoping to be able to get someone from there to do a presentation. I am also trying to get a veterinarian to do a presentation as well.

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ATTENTION EVERYONE ATTENTION
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

MARK YOUR CALENDERS.​

THE DATE FOR CHICKENFEST 2015 HAS BEEN SET.​

CHICKENFEST 2015 WILL BE ON SATURDAY, JUNE 27TH, 2015.​

MORE DETAILS WILL BE FOLLOWING IN THE WEEKS TO COME. WE PLAN ON HAVING SEVERAL INTERESTING AND FUN DEMONSTRATIONS. I AM TRYING TO GET SOMEONE FROM THE ISPA (INDIANA STATE POULTRY ASSOC.) TO DO A PRESENTATION. AS WELL AS A VETERINARIAN FROM PURDUES' ANIMAL DISEASE AND DIAGNOSTIC LAB. THERE WILL BE GREAT DOOR PRIZES, SOME ACTIVITIES FOR THE KIDS, BUY,SALE,SWAPS AND AWESOME FOOD.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE FOR EVERYONE TO DO NOW, IS TO RSVP ME WITH THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP, THE AGE AND GENDER OF THE CHILDREN ATTENDING. THIS IS SO THAT WE CAN PLAN THE MEAL, PRIZES AND ACTIVITIES FOR THE CHILDREN.

ONE MORE REMINDER;

MARCH 7TH IS THE DEADLINE FOR ORDERING YOUR T-SHIRT.

Last edited:
Once again, Bartholomew County 4-H Poultry Club, Feathered Friends, is holding Chick Days at Daily Feed and Grain! Purchase your chicks and help support the 4-H group.
This year we will have a large variety of Layer Pullets as well as Bantams.
Get there early for the best selection. 4-H members will be giving demonstrations throughout the morning about chick care.

When: SATURDAY March 7th, 2015
8 AM— NOON

Where:
Daily Feed & Grain
9040 East 25th Street Columbus, IN 47203
(812) 376-6922

Come and socialize with fellow chicken lovers.

Back
Top Bottom