INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

So use few eggs I've been setting, I've been very happy with the results! I'm hatching pretty much all showgirls from my silkie/showgirl pens! 4 partridge, and 3 (2 still in hatcher drying out) blues! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Also have this little polish I hatched out of tolbunt/silver laced polish breeding (lady had a silver laced roo in with her tolbunts. Was hoping to get pure chicks but didn't happen lol)

And these "tolbunt" chicks that I hatched from eggs I bought. Look like I got hosed yet again and ended up with white crested blacks?

If you decide to sell any of the polish I want some! Any color. I'm looking to add a little more variety to my flock.

Last edited:
great chicken coop setup and they don't even want it.
http://bloomington.craigslist.org/grd/4576530020.html
00t0t_diSijxPDZu7_600x450.jpg

How on earth would you move this thing? I guess you'd have to take it apart and re-assemble it in it's new home. I think instead of offering to buy it, one of us should offer to sell them a flock of chickens!

I forgot to ask. Any recommendations for plywood or other material to use for siding our goat shed.

If you use plywood, it will have to be sealed somehow, paint is the easiest and cheapest. For siding you don't need more than 1/4" thickness, but it will bow around the studs over time. If you want it to be prettier use 1/2". Don't use OSB, there's no way to paint it enough that it won't swell and warp in the first rain. Check out the Pallet Palace - if you have enough free lumber you can side with overlapping horizontal boards. Or, to use less wood, run horizontal stringers on the studs, and then vertical boards butted up side-to-side.

@hoosiercheetah do you still need transport for your roo? If so message me
smile.png

Thank you, everyone who expressed interest in saving Gandalf's life. He appreciates it! Janet is going to take him in, and she's close enough for me to drive and drop him off after all. But thank you for the offers of help!

In other news, my newly-laying hen has figured out the nest box. Yay! 4 eggs in 5 days from her. If she keeps it up, she'll put Cathrine out of a job! The down side is now I have 4 hens all trying to share one nest box, and totally ignoring all the other boxes. :-/ I guess once I have 9 hens laying, some of them will have to go to the box next door.

How on earth would you move this thing?  I guess you'd have to take it apart and re-assemble it in it's new home. I think instead of offering to buy it, one of us should offer to sell them a flock of chickens!

If you use plywood, it will have to be sealed somehow, paint is the easiest and cheapest.  For siding you don't need more than 1/4" thickness, but it will bow around the studs over time.  If you want it to be prettier use 1/2".  Don't use OSB, there's no way to paint it enough that it won't swell and warp in the first rain.  Check out the Pallet Palace - if you have enough free lumber you can side with overlapping horizontal boards.  Or, to use less wood, run horizontal stringers on the studs, and then vertical boards butted up side-to-side.

Thank you, everyone who expressed interest in saving Gandalf's life.  He appreciates it!  Janet is going to take him in, and she's close enough for me to drive and drop him off after all.  But thank you for the offers of help!

In other news, my newly-laying hen has figured out the nest box.  Yay!  4 eggs in 5 days from her.  If she keeps it up, she'll put Cathrine out of a job!  The down side is now I have 4 hens all trying to share one nest box, and totally ignoring all the other boxes.  :-/  I guess once I have 9 hens laying, some of them will have to go to the box next door.

:) glad it's taken care of. Headed past Pendelton this weekend so just thought I'd offer.

And just noticed my main LF Cochin hen is prolapsed! Ahhhh!

Oh man, I'm sorry. I hope you have better luck than me - get the tissue back in as soon as possible! I let Margo go yesterday. This one is hitting me hard, she was one of my originals and a favorite.
hit.gif

Broody is entering the final leg. She is hunkered down. I put food and water in her nest for a while today. And one of my marans is now broody!!! Seriously, what is in the water?!?!?!?!?!? I almost want to put a couple of broody wyandotte's eggs under her, but tomorrow is day 19 so I don't know if I should move them. What do the experts think?

They look great! The little partridge with the silver/black back and yellow down on rest of body may turn out like one of these 2 hens. I've loved this coloring and it looks like these did as chicks.

Hey that looks like my Crystal in that picture!

So use few eggs I've been setting, I've been very happy with the results! I'm hatching pretty much all showgirls from my silkie/showgirl pens! 4 partridge, and 3 (2 still in hatcher drying out) blues! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Also have this little polish I hatched out of tolbunt/silver laced polish breeding (lady had a silver laced roo in with her tolbunts. Was hoping to get pure chicks but didn't happen lol)

And these "tolbunt" chicks that I hatched from eggs I bought. Look like I got hosed yet again and ended up with white crested blacks?

Well if you get a Cockerel I know someone who wants one! Lol

Back
Top Bottom