Indiana Chickenfest 2014

Does anyone going to chickenfest have any extra food grade 5 gallon buckets they would be willing to sell me for a dollar or two. All I have been able to get here are 3 gallon buckets and they just are not big enough.

Do you have a TSC near you? Last week I got several 5 gallon food grade buckets at TSC. Red ones were on sale for 2.99. Lids were separate but this is the best deal I have found - not sure if they are still on sale.. I have not had success getting grocery stores in the Indy area to give me their empty food grade buckets. Most told me they used to do that but can't anymore.

Oh my, I go through a lot of buckets! The plastic handles don't last long. My hog is really hard on his, and thinks its a football lol! I usually get mine at kroger, meijer, IGA or marsh, even walmart a few times. I go to bakery and deli and ask. I use them to ferment feed, store dry food, brine my birds before they are cooked, a million other things. If you only need one or 2 its sometimes easier to just buy tho.
If they say no, I ask for a manager at the customer desk lol. Since my kids have worked there, I know its usually an employee that just doesn't know they can do that. I don't try to get anyone in trouble, but they just throw them in dumpsters, and go to landfills. What a waste. I don't pay for them tho, if they aren't free they wont get my business later, and I tell them that too lol.
What size do you need, If I have some extra I can bring some too.

Here is the list of people that I have that are attending Chickenfest.
jchny2000
Mother2Hens
CRSelvey
flyladyrocks
bradselig
SallyinIndiana
pipzipdnreadytogo
racinchickens
lilmizscareall
Minminme
chick rookie
zippy722 - possible
EurekaChic ?
barb s
FlockMaster - 614

Hope that I haven't missed any one

jchny2000
Mother2Hens
CRSelvey
flyladyrocks
bradselig
SallyinIndiana
pipzipdnreadytogo
racinchickens
lilmizscareall
Minminme
chick rookie
zippy722 - possible
EurekaChic ?
barb s
FlockMaster - 614

You missed me again!! I'm going to get a complex!!!

jchny2000
Mother2Hens
CRSelvey
flyladyrocks
bradselig
SallyinIndiana
pipzipdnreadytogo
racinchickens
lilmizscareall
Minminme
chick rookie
zippy722 - possible
EurekaChic ?
barb s
FlockMaster - 614

Adding ChickCrazed to list. I am so sorry.

If anyone in the Indy metro area is planning to go just for the day and return. I was wondering if they would like to carpool? We could meet up on the East side and head over together.

Right now we have a full car too b/c we are bring a couple of our kid's friends. If you want to PM me your phone number if something changes last minute I can call you. No need for last minute arrangements. I just thought if some others were heading there by themselves, it would make the 1 1/2 hour drive better. It will be my second day in a row making the drive. I get to indulge my other passion too that Friday. I will be racing at the local dirt track in Liberty the night before.

Back
Top Bottom