Information on Estes Farm Hatchery/Country Poultry in Springfield, MO?

Bullitt

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 16, 2012
Texas
I have family in Northwest Arkansas, and they are considering ordering 25 chicks from Estes Farm Hatchery/Country Poultry in Springfield, Missouri.

http://www.esteshatchery.com/

Has anyone ordered from this hatchery?

What was the experience ordering from this hatchery?

And by the way, they are planning to purchase Australorp chicks. If there is someone in Northwest Arkansas with Australorp chicks, pullets, or hens, let me know. Maybe they can get them closer to home.

Last edited:
I've ordered from them and they are good.

With non showing, not picky about the SOP and want a good laying bird, then by all means order thru them. If I just want EEs, and common breeds, sure I would order (but prefer Ideal Hatchery because of the rare breeds).

They are just looking for good dual-purpose chickens.

I am trying to talk them into getting several breeds so they can have variety. And I think I almost have them convinced.

Last edited:
I ordered 25 barred rocks from them last year and have no complaints. No shipping issues, prices were very reasonable, and they are my second best layers, falling right behind my sex-links. I consistently get 4-6 eggs per bird each week, and sometimes more. Didn't lose a single one in shipping and haven't had any issues with them since. I just put in an order for another 50 chicks again last week, but won't receive my order until mid-April.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how dark of an egg that hatchery birds would lay, and they were more expensive if I recall correctly. We sell eggs cheap, so spending more money upfront on a bird isn't exactly what I want to do.

Back
Top Bottom