International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I have a big problem and this is Trouble!
20180818_072226.jpg 20180818_072246.jpg
This is Logan! AKA ( TROUBLE)!!!! He so far is my best looking Blue Copper cockerel. He is also trying to be very aggressive. He charges and I have to stop and face him to keep him from attacking. Stand there until something draws off his attention. I have to either go in the pen with something he is scared of or I carry my shovel. He is very young to be this aggressive. My husband tells me to beat the tar out of him but that would make things worse. I have thought about separating him. Maybe if he is knocked down in rank. It might fix the problem. He has not yet tagged me but would if given the chance. Any ideas that could help? It would be greatly appreciated!

I have a big problem and this is Trouble!
View attachment 1508743 View attachment 1508744
This is Logan! AKA ( TROUBLE)!!!! He so far is my best looking Blue Copper cockerel. He is also trying to be very aggressive. He charges and I have to stop and face him to keep him from attacking. Stand there until something draws off his attention. I have to either go in the pen with something he is scared of or I carry my shovel. He is very young to be this aggressive. My husband tells me to beat the tar out of him but that would make things worse. I have thought about separating him. Maybe if he is knocked down in rank. It might fix the problem. He has not yet tagged me but would if given the chance. Any ideas that could help? It would be greatly appreciated!

If he is that mean at such a young age he will only get worse more than likely. If you can tolerate him, you can use him in your breeding program. Ive had no choice but to use mean males before. But the risk he may pass his ugly demeanor on to his sons is a real possibility. Sometimes you do what u have to do though if a bird has good qualities otherwise.

If he is that mean at such a young age he will only get worse more than likely. If you can tolerate him, you can use him in your breeding program. Ive had no choice but to use mean males before. But the risk he may pass his ugly demeanor on to his sons is a real possibility. Sometimes you do what u have to do though if a bird has good qualities otherwise.
I will have to see how mean he gets. If he continues I will for sure remove his spurs. It's not what I prefer to do but I guess it would be better than in the pot. He doesn't get aggressive with my husband so far. Harvey said he has never had a aggressive Blue Copper rooster. The Birchen on the other hand! Boy am I in trouble!!! :thlol

Back
Top Bottom