International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Did I tell you last year my line #1 Marans Pullet didn’t even give me 12 eggs yet and she went broody. Now that is dedication :lau
that is determination . love to breed it true .
I m trying to find ways to hatch my future breeders with mama hens not incubator . hard to do when you want to hatch 100 and 100 but I think it is worth a try . healthy ,happy ,hardy and smart chicks .
let see how things goes .
chooks man

that is determination . love to breed it true .
I m trying to find ways to hatch my future breeders with mama hens not incubator . hard to do when you want to hatch 100 and 100 but I think it is worth a try . healthy ,happy ,hardy and smart chicks .
let see how things goes .
chooks man
Come on chooks man that an easy problem to fix:old all you need is more chickens. A lot more 🤦‍♂️

I know I've seen it mentioned here and there, but what is a minimum recommended and an ideal time (I know these aren't always the same) to wait before hatching eggs from BCM. I have a pair hatched mid June 2020 that I would like to breed at some point in the future, but will wait until the time is right as I want to optimize all the great traits they have (egg size, body size, etc.).

I know I've seen it mentioned here and there, but what is a minimum recommended and an ideal time (I know these aren't always the same) to wait before hatching eggs from BCM. I have a pair hatched mid June 2020 that I would like to breed at some point in the future, but will wait until the time is right as I want to optimize all the great traits they have (egg size, body size, etc.).
At the earliest after the first molt or one year is my understanding.

Did I tell you last year my line #1 Marans Pullet didn’t even give me 12 eggs yet and she went broody. Now that is dedication :lau
Got to love a girl like that. I much prefer to let the momma's do all the work, they can teach them so much more then I can. Holly last year laid for a month before she went broody. Gave her 7 eggs and she hatched out and raised 6. I suspect she's thinking of doing it again, spending longer on the nest box and has started plucking her chest feathers.

Got to love a girl like that. I much prefer to let the momma's do all the work, they can teach them so much more then I can. Holly last year laid for a month before she went broody. Gave her 7 eggs and she hatched out and raised 6. I suspect she's thinking of doing it again, spending longer on the nest box and has started plucking her chest feathers.
I know many people try to stop a broody hen. I don’t understand why just give 3-4 eggs is all.

Back
Top Bottom