International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I almost did a impulsive thing last night, I saw the most perfect eggs on ebay.

$72 dollars was the final bid between the two people that were bidding (bid was for 12+ eggs).

These eggs were "7" and "8"s, the parents were show champions, bloodline was Wade Jean and Bev Davis.

I need to stick with my plan, I will be getting either pure Little Peddler eggs or some half LP eggs to work with.

I am collecting some of my own eggs to pop into the incubator in the next couple days.... what can I say, I am in the hatching mood
jumpy.gif

$72 dollars was the final bid between the two people that were bidding (bid was for 12+ eggs).

These eggs were "7" and "8"s, the parents were show champions, bloodline was Wade Jean and Bev Davis.

I need to stick with my plan, I will be getting either pure Little Peddler eggs or some half LP eggs to work with.

I am collecting some of my own eggs to pop into the incubator in the next couple days.... what can I say, I am in the hatching mood
jumpy.gif

I don't want to tempt you but I am afraid of ebay eggs but feel a little better about rarebreedauction.com. You might get those LP at a good price.

Yes..... I have all the same. I imagine every region has their share but you and I in the South..... there is a long line waiting to eat our birds!
sorry to hear about your losses.

I am very lucky, no predators around my chickens. it seems that the s-shape little road I live in is not attractive to the foxes. there are about 7 dogs within 80 meters, on both sides of the road. cats might be a problem but I feed them so they ignore my chickens so far. dogs help with them as well.

but we have plenty of mosquitoes and I suspect they bring viruses to my chickens as well as rats. the rats are not starving so they don't disturb my chickens. but every time I saw rats my chickens got sick. and the snakes don't come near the chickens. I have seen 1 only, in the neighboring plot. it was a kind that eats mice so it is very welcome here.

jumpy.gif

stick to your eggs or the eggs from someone you can trust, at least you will know what you are dealing with. ebay is a lottery.

You know, I was quite worried about getting chickens at first.

We have many predators ranging from things such as snakes and cats, all the way up to raccoons, owls, dogs, coyotes, foxes, hawks, falcons, bobcats and even cougar.

I recon you should move from there it is no safe for chooks there with all this predators around .

I ll be no able to sleep .I ll no stay in the cougar country .i ll be very far away .

here in my new farm there is a lot parrots all different colors . the chooks love them ,they chase them around ,they thing is funny or some thing and the parrots they seem to love t.

I have been told there is foxes around .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom