International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

And we just had our last frost of the season and are looking forwards to summer!!
We will be waiting for the pictures and may you make the best of decisions for your breeders.

we start to have some frost in my farm now . our winter is great ,very mild and dry . cold at night but never go below -4 DC
it is a reason marans chooks breed like it in here . they hate the summer .
chooks man

Pictures please of the 9 hens.
When I get more time, I will take individual pictures. I have 5 pullets that are 4 months old and 4 pullets that are two months old. They are all from the same breeding flock.
These are the 4 month olds:

20210529_084942.jpg

20210529_084924.jpg
20210529_084922.jpg
20210529_084730.jpg
20210529_084658.jpg
20210529_084550.jpg

When I get more time, I will take individual pictures. I have 5 pullets that are 4 months old and 4 pullets that are two months old. They are all from the same breeding flock.
These are the 4 month olds:

View attachment 2693926
View attachment 2693927View attachment 2693928View attachment 2693929View attachment 2693930View attachment 2693931

they are gorgeous , you are alright about they tails ,good angle but they still long type like they brothers .
love they body type and they hackle marking .
chooks man

What do you all think of this boy who is 12 weeks tomorrow. His Copper is finally starting to come in. My daughter wants to keep him as our 2nd boy. Did not plan to keep him as I had another older sibling but at 7 months he turned mean and I will not keep a mean boy. She just has too may friends who visit and some are younger then her so friendly gentle Roosters are a must. These are the best pictures I have right now but plan on stalking him later today when the camera charges and get more.
DSCN4047.JPG
DSCN4046.JPG
DSCN4045.JPG

What do you all think of this boy who is 12 weeks tomorrow. His Copper is finally starting to come in. My daughter wants to keep him as our 2nd boy. Did not plan to keep him as I had another older sibling but at 7 months he turned mean and I will not keep a mean boy. She just has too may friends who visit and some are younger then her so friendly gentle Roosters are a must. These are the best pictures I have right now but plan on stalking him later today when the camera charges and get more.
View attachment 2696854View attachment 2696855View attachment 2696856

body type is great .late to color up . lov his stance and head .
chooks man

body type is great .late to color up . lov his stance and head .
chooks man
I'm wondering if him being late to color up is a good thing. He was broody raised by my game hen and hangs out a lot with his daddy. He's smart, and so far respectful. Not in your face friendly, but especially in the evenings before it's time to roost will come sit by me and enjoys a good chest rub before I place him on the roost. He also learned from his mom the trick of killing then eating baby snakes. In the past 2 weeks I've witnessed him catch 3 little ones and with a quick snap he's popped their heads off and down they go. Considering I despise snakes, that alone makes me want to hang onto him as long as he grows up respectful.

Back
Top Bottom