International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Grrr.... Soooo! I had eggs I had collected to hatch. I was going to set them last night but I was so tired after working so hard yesterday. The cat knocked the egg carton off and broke all the best eggs. I had the eggs in the spare room with the door closed. I don't know how she got in there. So I will try and collect eggs again. These will all get tossed. I am so discouraged. The other carton is fine but I don't want to set them without the best eggs.

I worry about this type of accident all the time. Its always the best eggs that this happens to. But instead of a cat, its my own clumsiness.

Can you set them and then fill a different incubator after recollecting?

This is what I have done.
I can only do one more hatch this year with everything going on. I am sure my husband would have a cow if I added on anymore work.

The littles are growing out nicely.

Here is an update on my cockerel from Judith. My egg eating, line #1 hen who lays a big beautiful egg.
Vulture hocks were on the cockerels from this line.

I dont like his over feathered feet. This guy has a lot from his mother. Good and bad. I will have to keep an eye out for vulture hocks on him but I think by now, he would be expressing it.

His chest does not bother me. So far, I have seen this molt out to just a few flecks. The cockerels that I have had with overcolored chests had nice copper as adults.

His eye color is not as dark as I thought, but still should be lighter.

I like his long back and tail so far. I hope the tail doesnt pop up. His sire has a low tail.

He is the biggest of the bunch and a calm, cool boss over the pen.

Am I delusional or just wishful thinking?

20220513_125605.jpg
20220513_125521.jpg
20220513_125401.jpg

Attachments

• 20220513_125401.jpg
    20220513_125401.jpg
    741.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom