Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
Thanks for the ideas. I will try Chrome tonight. I have posted pictures before, that's what isn't making sense. Might have to put the pictures on my laptop.
Are you on a phone or a tablet? I've seen several people note that they can't do certain functions on those devices.

I ordered my heat plates late Thursday night and had them in my hands on Saturday. They are much heavier and sturdier than I expected and I'm really impressed with what I see so far. My chicks are coming next week.

I've decided to order a Premier after reading both threads. It seems the large 50 is out of stock until March, so I'll have to order the small 20. Do I order 1 and hope it's enough room or go ahead and get 2 and have plenty of room? Decisions, decisions....
hu.gif
Order 2! And something else so you can get over $100 and get free shipping...
wink.png

I ordered my heat plates late Thursday night and had them in my hands on Saturday. They are much heavier and sturdier than I expected and I'm really impressed with what I see so far. My chicks are coming next week.
thumbsup.gif
If all goes well I can finally test mine out... Eggs in incubator and due the beginning of March!

rubber feet

showing the height adjustment mechanism, released, see the catch in the hole.

showing the height adjustment mechanism, pushed in to release the catch

7" clearance on highest height adjustment

1" clearance on lowest height adjustment

They have really nice chick waterers that sit on top of the plate, for $5. Ofcourse... then you STILL need more
lol.png

I bought that waterer for my friend that I bought the plate for....the top of the plate stays a little warm and I thought that would be perfect for cool weather brooding. Figured the top of the plate would be a good place to put fermented feed for the chicks too. Warm there.

7" clearance on highest height adjustment

1" clearance on lowest height adjustment
Thank you for the detailed photos! I really appreciate that and it helps a lot.
thumbsup.gif

Now a question on the height adjustments. Are they "specific" height adjustments or can you adjust it to any level along the whole length of the legs?

Back
Top Bottom