Is it still possible to tame two week old red golden pheasant chick as a pet?

have you ever held a bird perching on your arm for any length of time.....do you realize how much strength it requires in addition to leather protection over your skin. i would definitely recommend practicing with at least a 5# weight
even wingnut does not travel perching on an arm, he follows like a dog. and he hates to be petted especially on his face.

have you ever held a bird perching on your arm for any length of time.....do you realize how much strength it requires in addition to leather protection over your skin. i would definitely recommend practicing with at least a 5# weight
Half a mile cradling Spook in both arms... ow. It's bad enough when he behaves and I'm holding him like a baby; I can't hold him on one arm for very long at all, and he likes to jump around.
A pheasant would be way worse.

Half a mile cradling Spook in both arms... ow. It's bad enough when he behaves and I'm holding him like a baby; I can't hold him on one arm for very long at all, and he likes to jump around.
A pheasant would be way worse.
yeah i have a ripped up net to prove it!!!

The whole of the story here is: "Gamebirds are not like chickens or parrots or other birds that some peeps make pets out of them".
Yes, some peeps do make 'pets' of some but it is far and few between that actually become that tame!
They are skittish by nature...'fight or flight', most will flight!
Some birds and animals are just not made to be tamed or domesticated. And those cases where they have been successful, have taken extraordinary patience and long hours to reach what you see in a 2 or 3 minute video.

I'm not saying it can't be done but if your not in it for the long run and can provide the necessary 'high maintenance care' that such a bird or animal requires then you might consider some other less demanding bird or animal to have as a pet.

The whole of the story here is: "Gamebirds are not like chickens or parrots or other birds that some peeps make pets out of them".
Yes, some peeps do make 'pets' of some but it is far and few between that actually become that tame!
Some birds and animals are just not made to be tamed or domesticated. And those cases where they have been successful, have taken extraordinary patience and long hours to reach what you see in a 2 or 3 minute video.

I'm not saying it can't be done but if your not in it for the long run and can provide the necessary 'high maintenance care' that such a bird or animal requires then you might consider some other less demanding bird or animal to have as a pet.
:goodpost:

Yeah, usually predatory animals are better pets then prey.

Yeah, usually predatory animals are better pets then prey.
Yeah, but most of them will 'turn' on the owner, too!
Ever wonder why you don't see zebras being riden like domesticated horses? Because they are not domesticateable.
Ever seen a Cassowary that was a 'pet'? Same reason....and they will kill you if they can. :old
mqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom