Is my Muscovy a male

TeamRetic

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Bay Area, CA
I got a new duck yesterday and I wonder if it is a male. The lady I bought it from say it is, but I have to make it is because that is what I wanted. The duckling hatched on 4/29. Here is a picture of it.

Here is its big feet.

Looks to be but it can be tricky with pics. Did she have others? Did you see them? Was this one bigger than some/all of the others?

I can tell at 5-7 days (with some) the gender of my muscovy since some are much bigger/smaller. Some just stay in the middle size wise then. But by 2-3 weeks it is obvious.

She has other, but she claimed that she sold all the females, so they were pretty much the same size. The only diffirence were they all had diffirent colors.

thats a drake, i slap a $100 bet on it

I think your saying you are fairly confident in your opinion
gig.gif

lol yep, i guess if i was a billionaire $100 would be nothing! but if i'm anything like most poultry keepers $100 is a few bags of feed
smile.png

Looks to be but it can be tricky with pics.  Did she have others?  Did you see them?  Was this one bigger than some/all of the others?

I can tell at 5-7 days (with some) the gender of my muscovy since some are much bigger/smaller.  Some just stay in the middle size wise then.  But by 2-3 weeks it is obvious.

How to do tell the gender of them? I have two Pekins and two muscoveys, both roughly the same age (just a few days apart) the Pekins were tiny when we got them, now both are bigger than the muscoveys. The muscoveys really don't look like they've grown much. Although, today one went after my rooster because the rooster was eating their food... Hubby said that one was a female bc she was grouchy ;)

Back
Top Bottom