Is This A Turkey?

Is this for Cornish X or pure breed Cornish.

Some information i have read said that you can successfully raise pure breed quality Cornish hens without problems.

Is this for Cornish X or pure breed Cornish.

Some information i have read said that you can successfully raise pure breed quality Cornish hens without problems.
The only "problem" with Lf Cornish is there rate of lay. We were talking about cornish cross (Cx) If not managed correctly Cx can experience a multitude of health problems

Lf(large fowl) Cornish are very hardy birds in my experience. They are a poor choice if you want alot of eggs,they don't lay like a production layer. They go broody at the drop of a hat and make excellent mothers

But they are also a sweet bird that likes to follow you around...well me, I doubt anything other than the FBI likes to follow you...

The bird in the picture is not a LF Cornish. the build is wrong. The distance between the legs and leading edge of the breast is too great, the breast is too deep for a simple Cornish. It is a CX.

Well when I raise meat birds I like the idea of standard Cornish hen that I could breed. If I could raise them with no health problems and keep several for a couple of years for breeding stock that would be great

Well when I raise meat birds I like the idea of standard Cornish hen that I could breed. If I could raise them with no health problems and keep several for a couple of years for breeding stock that would be great

You might want to try your own crossbreed, say a Cornish with a rainbow or Jersey Giant to giant and still have several years worth of breeding stock. Some of us have done some (if I say so myself) near amazing things using CX as a base and crossing from there. There is no reason a good regular Cornish would not make a great base for your own cross.

Here are some of mine, just to show you, these are just over three weeks old, Look at the size on them: I get a big bird that is slower growing with less health problems and LOTS of dark meat.

Back
Top Bottom