Isbar thread

Pics
It's a little hard to tell from your picture, but the two isbar pullets I have right now are older and have no wattle or comb development yet.

good to know! i've got no problem with Blue being a boy, it just means i'll need to find him some pullets sooner or later! as i really am in love with this breed & think i might need more of them around...

thanks!!

I got 6 Isbar chicks from Waltz's in CO in April. That makes them 2+ months now. Here are pictures of the 2 little roos. One hen, pictured, has little muffs on her checks. She is very cute, but I didn't know this was inherent in the breed. Anyone know?
They are definitely fun to watch when they run around in the grass. Very happy little guys and gals!

I got 6 Isbar chicks from Waltz's in CO in April. That makes them 2+ months now. Here are pictures of the 2 little roos. One hen, pictured, has little muffs on her checks. She is very cute, but I didn't know this was inherent in the breed. Anyone know?
Isbars don't have muffs. I'd say that's an EE. Pretty bird though.

I'd watch egg color on all of them. The color is quite distinctive with Isbars.

Last edited:
New update on Nemo, my splash Isbar. She is now 24 1/2 weeks old. Nowhere near POL yet. Maybe another month??? Her constant companion, Maxine, at 25 wks old, started laying tiny pullet eggs this week. Maybe that will encourage Nemo to hurry up> LOL Can't wait for those green eggs!

New update on Nemo, my splash Isbar. She is now 24 1/2 weeks old. Nowhere near POL yet. Maybe another month??? Her constant companion, Maxine, at 25 wks old, started laying tiny pullet eggs this week. Maybe that will encourage Nemo to hurry up> LOL Can't wait for those green eggs!
Congratulations on the new eggs! Come on Nemo
yippiechickie.gif
She's a beautiful pullet!

I bought an isbar family from a breeder and mom and dad are doing great but the baby's seem really small to me. The also are pretty calm, i can reach in the brooder and grab them with out them running very much. When they are out side they are more rambunctious and run around a good amount, but not as much as other chicks. Mom and dad are also smaller and I was just wondering if there size and growth is normal or did i buy some duds?

Info:

4 weeks almost 5 weeks old hatched on june 5th purchased on june 8th
Eating medicated chick feed and free range in grass
Drink regular water but have had save- a chick when its really hot out
one looks to be shedding intestine lining (not sure what i should do about that)
Sometimes they peep constantly. They stop once i put them out side. I am not sure if they want to out or they are in some kind of distress.

Any idea if this is normal? Any info on raising them is appreciated.
smile.png

Mom and dad - 11 months old

Dad

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom