Isbar thread

They really do look amazing, don't they? If only pictures could capture their full beauty...
Okay, now it's just plain torturous to read your description without seeing an updated picture of your adorable little guy. ;-)

Here are updated photos

Love the colors!! Are all blue silverrudds supposed to get that pretty green? My Roo is just now the last couple of days getting white and tan where he has red on his back as well. But no green or blue
1f62b.png
I have two blues and two blacks, and only the blacks have the green you mentioned. Without question, the blacks are the most colorful of the group with metallic green, blue, purple, silver, plus some gold on the cockerel. One of the blues is light blue with silver, and the other is dark blue with silver and red. They have that certain "je ne sais quoi" that compels visitor to ask, "Now what kind of chicken is THAT?!?!"

He certainly has the big, dark, soulful eyes. Is his comb black?

My black boy didn't begin to really get his colors until closer to sexual maturity. He has a metallic sheen to his feather. The blues can have this too.

Yes, his comb is black and his little waddle bumps are too. I call them bumps because that's all they are right now, they haven't started to drop.

Well, I sure wouldn't mind getting an "oops" Svart Höna! :) That's next on my must-have list...
I have some pairs of Svarthöna available if you find yourself down in Northern KY.
wink.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1121523/svarth-na-pairs-woollies-and-smooth-feathered/0_20

EGGS!!!

The little basket are Silverudd's Blue eggs.
Gorgeous!
love.gif

Quote: He is definitely looking like a Svarthöna mix with that dark face.
hmm.png

Wow, he is beautiful!!! I can see that he already has some nice colors on his hackles and wings, and he's going to grow even MORE colorful with age. I truly cannot think of too many sights more awe-inspiring than an elegant black SB cockerel strutting in the sun.

Wow, he is beautiful!!! I can see that he already has some nice colors on his hackles and wings, and he's going to grow even MORE colorful with age. I truly cannot think of too many sights more awe-inspiring than an elegant black SB cockerel strutting in the sun.
If you're talking about mine, I like my other cockerel better. He's got a big comb and wattle. Come to think, should they have single combs? That's what my other cockerel has. (though the little punk is still really proud of his crowing. At least he's too small for the crow to be really loud right now).

That one'll have to be rehomed; I've only got 2 isbar pullets-not enough for 2 boys to share.

Back
Top Bottom