Isbar thread

It is always nice to see pictures of SB's as I feel they're extremely under recognized. I know they will be appreciated here. Here are some progress pictures on my May babies. The last round of pictures we established I have two blue cockerels and one maybe splash maybe light silvery blue cockerel. BE239F47-71A5-43E0-9BDC-1593C662D990.jpg Here are my boys. I think they are all handsome. What are your thoughts?
Well...doth my eyes deceive me!? Are these the beginnings of splash marks? Or is this simply leakage?
F523BEC1-1835-464E-8195-6C12C547D98C.jpg
Also you may remember I had black hen that everyone was sure was an SB. Here she is now. She is my alpha but doesn't love her picture taken. Does she look good for a SB? 63C44BFB-E9DF-4F47-A0DA-CACBE7173A86.jpg Then you may remember I had a black hen with some white on her face. There was a divide about SB or Olive Egger . As you can see her white is fading. thoughts now? 0DB18AAE-C921-4647-B998-3646CA30BD7D.jpg The other olive Egger female is so clearly a Black copper Maran x Cream Legbar. I feel more and more like the above hen might be a fifth SB. What do you think?

Just received 5 Silverudd's Blue hatching eggs. YAY! I think they might be 2nd import based upon the color. I tried to get a good picture, but they are so hard to photograph! In the first picture they are the second row from the left, in the third picture they are the ones circled in green. One seems khaki, one seems greenish, the other three seem tan to me. Do you think they are second import? IMG_7171.JPG IMG_7168.JPG
Anyone have new pics of SB eggs or birds? I would love to see them!

Just received 5 Silverudd's Blue hatching eggs. YAY! I think they might be 2nd import based upon the color. I tried to get a good picture, but they are so hard to photograph! In the first picture they are the second row from the left, in the third picture they are the ones circled in green. One seems khaki, one seems greenish, the other three seem tan to me. Do you think they are second import? View attachment 1108153View attachment 1108151
Anyone have new pics of SB eggs or birds? I would love to see them!
So far haven't seen any that are brown - although I'm pretty sure that's not a color they want to breed for. Sage and mint with some that are speckled is more along the line of what they should be. There's been some concern the GFF is not carefully breeding their SBs and the results have allowed some deviations that those who have been working with the breed for a while are not too thrilled with.

Thanks, orrpeople. I had heard those things too. That is why I am thinking these must be GFF second import line. They came in a pure breed heritage mix box. I was hoping for some genetic diversity from the grow outs I have. My grow outs are first import. Sadly, I think if these hatch, I will either sell them (making it clear they are second import and did not hatch from a green egg) or keep them for my laying flock. I should keep track of the one that hatches from the greenish egg. Thanks again for the response.

Cree57i, how old are these? I LOVE the first hen! Wow. Thanks for sharing! I think seeing pictures can be helpful in learning more about SB and what we should be striving toward.

Here are mine currently. The "is he or isn't he a splash?" cockerel is starting to look more splash like. i think he is pretty, but he certainly does not have the clear splash look that yours have, Cree57i. IMG_7123.JPG IMG_7131.JPG
Then I have blue cockerels 1 & 2. I think they are coming along nicely. IMG_7126.JPG IMG_7152.JPG
Also, my two black pullets. They look so much alike I struggle to tell them apart. I don't know for certain if they are both SB yet. IMG_7137.JPG IMG_7144.JPG
These were all hatched in mid May. How do you think they are turning out?

I just received 11 Isbar chicks from GFF & they are so cute. It is too early to tell how many males and females I have. My question is how many males should I keep for breeding if I were to go with a clan mating system? Or do you think they are too closely related genetically? They are from the 2nd importation and eventually I would like to add some stock from the 1st importation.

Back
Top Bottom