January 2017 Hatch-a-long

I'm at day 14 with my quail eggs and I put them in lockdown! But...

When I took them out of the turners I I never plugged it in!!! So they have never turned. How bad is that? I can't candle them, they are too tiny and too spotted to see anything through, but I can tell a weight difference, so I know they have developed.

Last summer my turner broke and I didn't catch on for a couple weeks. The chicks were fine.

Yes!! First of Buffy's chicks is out! Okay, so I always get super excited about chicks hatching, but usually I just leave the mommas to it and sneak out every so often and try to catch little heads poking out or get a glimpse when the momma moves. With the weather having been so cold, I am a bit more anxious about these two clutches. I just had to see what was going on under her so we took a quick peek! Having one out gives me good hope for the rest. I did see one egg with a good size hole in it about 20 minutes earlier, but I don't know if it was the same egg. No pictures yet, but it is a cute little black chick with white on it's face.

Hello all!

I will be jumping in next week
big_smile.png
I will be setting 42 (hopefully if my hens keep production up lol) silkie, cochin, and frizzle cochin bantam eggs. I have all three colors of frizzles as well as blue, birchen, and partridge cochins. My silkies are also partridge. I am super excited! My most recent hatch was 4 weeks ago lol. 28 out of 36 made it, but I am down to 24 chicks. After I hatch these bantam eggs I'll probably do another LF hatch to be sure I have enough hens for the spring. I am setting up my incubator tonight and will run it until Tuesday before putting eggs in to be sure it is stable, since the weather here in Texas has been absolutely ridiculous lately.

Quails and chickens are in lockdown, ducks still have a week to go.
And I have some ebay eggs split between my broody Silkie and my brinsea.
Yes, I have three different incubators going. I have a problem. Lol
But in my defense I haven't hatched anything since October. :)

Yesterday was day 10 for my shipped Sizzle hatching eggs. Shipped from CA to TN
1f633.png
. Anyway out of the 45, on day ten I had 3 blood rings and 16 clears. So I tossed those and now have 26 sizzle eggs looking to make it to lock down. I hope they all make it! Lockdown is on the 22nd.

FEET FIRST?
Oh heavend when it rains it pours! I have 2 eggs that pipped into the aircell yesterday and one now has both feet out of the egg, can it get out? It is still chirping and moving right now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom