Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Genetics (Plumage mutations)

Quote:
Didn't say he was the first, just that he import the common quail in the 60s, and started mass producing them. just because the japanese where here first doesn't prove his were japanese, because they where the common quail.

And this has anything to do with Color Mutations?

This is a Sticky is for the Color Mutations as well as other Mutations that come up.
It is a sticky so that people will know what mutations can come up. So they are not surprised when one shows up in their birds.

It is not a general topic dicussion thread. At least it shouldn't be.
That is not why I asked for this to be stickied and I did because of the important information on the Mutations.

Now I no longer want my birds associated with Marsh farms. I definately want my Manchurian Gold's name changed in the international world of Coturnix.
I vote for a new name.

Quote:
Reason I went to the common quail, header said Japanese Quail Plumage -color mutation, three are common quail mutation. the manchurian gold was a japanese, but was crossed with the common quail.

I propose the name of the coloring on this bird to be hence forth called Egypian Gold. Note the defined dark markings of an Egypian design on the various shades of gold on the Coturnix coturnix japonica. I have seen pictures of birds with this same coloring from various countries around the world. I propose that the name be changed from the Manchurian Gold of old to a name showing a more accurate description of the birds colors. I will not breed Manchurian Golds and will cull any bird not showing these markings.

17739_m_gold_hen.jpg

Quote:
I was going to ask the quail gurus about this. Cause My "Manchurian Gold" Roos look like the common pics I see but now the ones I hatch look like this. Which are correct markings or are they considered different colors? The Rookie needs to know what to keep or eat
big_smile.png
droolin.gif

Quote:
My roos look like that. I think I'm gong make my next breeder pen of Golds and see what happens. I think I should have enough hens from this last hatch to do that. I am kind of partial to the darker ones though. I think they're cool looking, they look like mini hawks.... lol

Back
Top Bottom