Java Thread

Pics
Well, you gotta post some pics of those chicks. I am counting the days. I figure I have a 4 way shot with mine by being in 2 different incubators and two broody hens.

Well I got seven BJs out of my last two hatches. Every BJ egg I tried to hatch DID hatch; no fertility issues even with my Malcolm getting to be a "mature" adult. Another great thing about BJs...maintain their vitality and vigor longer in the middle of their lives. I hatched a couple of pullet babies in this group as well, from one of my girls who is looking REALLY good, but is only 8 months old and whose eggs are still growing bigger. Very pleased with this Spring's efforts on the Java front!

So completely excited!!! 9 of the 12 auburn java eggs Soaring Chick sent to me went into lockdown tonight! Huge hug to her for the amazing shipment of eggs. Best ones I have ever received. I'm looking so forward to raising this breed. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just look at these beautiful babies!!!

thumbsup.gif

Best wishes and thank you for your kind words.
Hope they all hatch for you
fl.gif

Anyone use Pinless Peepers on their Java's?

My 1yo rooster's spurs did a number on my 1yo hen's backs before I could get them trimmed. And now I've determined that two of the more dominant hens are pecking the incoming feathers out of the lower ranking girls backs! Short of saddles, which I've tried before and did not work for the efforts required (four of the five girls got out of 'em before I could even finish all 5!).....I'm thinking it's pepers time for ALL of them!

Any advice? I'd share pictures of my poor girls, but frankly, I'm embarrassed I let it get to this point...so I now need to get back to health for all of them. No, it's not mites. No, it's not lice. It's pecking order and rooster spurs. I trimmed his spurs and two of the five girls are showing new feather growth. The other three not so much. (So I know who the culprits are!)

Life is Good,
7 of the 9 eggs hatched and the chicks are beautiful! I'm not certain what went wrong with the 2 that didn't. I checked and they were fully developed, in the air cell and seemed completely normal. I guess mother nature knew something I didn't. Sad as it is these things just happen sometimes I guess. I am putting another set of Soaring Chicks eggs in the incubator tomorrow along with some sqBJ's that I was fortunate enough to get from Chickie Lady. They have both been so amazing in helping me on my journey to raise this breed. I should have an incredible flock of birds in a few years. I'll post pics as the babies grow. Have a blessed evening everyone.

Way to go!
Good hatch and best wishes on the new ones.
I don't even remember how many I sent. It was every last aj egg I had.
So did we time it right and all the eggs get there same day?

Yes Ma'am, you two were awesome and my incubator is FULL! You are so amazing. I opened the package and my eyes popped out of my head. "23" eggs girl I could just hug you! Once you are settled with your move and if you decide you want to work the auburn project again you just let me know and I'll get you the hook-up.
wink.png
I can't thank you and Chickie Lady enough for all the efforts you put forth to help me. Go Go Team Terrific!

Hey all, the latest newsletter has been published by the Java Breeders of America Poultry Club. There is some good information in it regarding Java body type (making the Standard of Perfection a little easier to understand), Java bloodlines in the US, and Java history.

If you aren't a member of the group yet, I encourage you to join. The group is small but growing and has a great mission to provide education on Javas, assist members with finding eggs/chickens from breeders, and promote Javas to the general public since they remain a threatened chicken breed according to the numbers tallied by the ALBC (American Livestock Breeds Conservancy).

Check out the group and join us. The more members in the group, the more the group is able to do for Javas and the human members.

http://www.javabreedersofamerica.com/

Back
Top Bottom