Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Yep... I have my second batch of Giants in the bator now.

Of all the breeds I have, The Giants have been the best Layers for Winter Production. But My F2 Leghorn Line is very close.

wee.gif

congrats on the second batch.. I would like a little info on genetics. if ya breed a blue roo to a black hen ,would that give afew blue or would ya have to use a splash roo to get the blue?

The above photo is of my late Dec hatch I hatched 3 Black Jersey Giant chicks. My hens have just started to lay every day or every other day so all eggs I get go straight in to my bator.

I have been watching the Jersey Giant post for some time now and I could not figure out how to post photos. I have got that figured out now so watch out I love showing my GIANTS!!!

congrats on the second batch.. I would like a little info on genetics. if ya breed a blue roo to a black hen ,would that give afew blue or would ya have to use a splash roo to get the blue?

Blue gene chart.

If you mate:

Blue X Blue = 50% Blue . 25% Black , 25% Splash

Blue X Splash = 50% Blue , 50% Splash

Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black

Splash X Black = 100% Blue

Black X Black = 100% Black

Splash X Splash = 100% Splash

Hi, friends! Linda - it's DEFINITELY mild in Michigan this year...can't you just STAY?
hugs.gif

I had one gal from my new line begin laying late in the fall, she laid for about a month and then stopped, which is fine with me. They essentially stop growing when they start laying, and I like 'em big! I'll be hatching only the eggs from my gal who won Res. Champ. American last fall, so hopefully my next crop will be super awesome, just like their momma!

Edited to add - I definitely need to get some current pics of my Giants; I have misplaced my digital camera, though, so I need to get it FOUND soon!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom