Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

My JG is a laying machine!

Molting and laying everyday... ouch!

th.gif

Sounds like a good one, hope to get some like that. I just put some eggs from wynette in the incubator. Wish me luck.

I haven't seen my JG chicks from Wynette for like a month... and they are now HUGE!!! And only 4 months old! It's amazing! They totally dwarf my layers. LOL

JG's in the shadows:
LL

Group shot:
LL

LL

The blue girl:

LL

LL

Thanks for posting updated pics, silkiechicken! They are looking GREAT - I'm tell you, you really shoudl consider showing them!!! They're young, but a couple look VERY promising! WOOT!

I love how big they are! The ones in the shadow makes them look HUGE and looming! LOL They are all larger than the layers and the bigger of the two roosters already weigh 8 lbs!!!

I might just have to think about showing them next year.... But I know very little about the standard. I'll see if I can get individual side shots so you all can point things out :p. I'm not around to handle them so they aren't used to being constantly bothered by the two legged featherless chicken. haha

Last edited:
I love how big they are! The ones in the shadow makes them look HUGE and looming! LOL They are all larger than the layers and the bigger of the two roosters already weigh 8 lbs!!!

I might just have to think about showing them next year.... But I know very little about the standard. I'll see if I can get individual side shots so you all can point things out :p. I'm not around to handle them so they aren't used to being constantly bothered by the two legged featherless chicken. haha
OH, it would ROCK if you showed one or two or more!
thumbsup.gif
They'll do a ton more changing in the next 2 months, then they'll slow down a bit....

I haven't seen my JG chicks from Wynette for like a month... and they are now HUGE!!! And only 4 months old! It's amazing! They totally dwarf my layers. LOL

JG's in the shadows:
LL

Group shot:
LL

LL

The blue girl:

LL

LL
Very nice! This new line of hers is HUGE! We ae in the middle of a big move so I leave my son to feed and water as we go back and forth moving. We where gone for a week and came back I swear they grow a foot in that time. They are bigger at this age them her old line & the porto line I had. I have one light blue & one black cockerel that are almost twice the size of their full brothers and sisters. Now don't get me wrong those pullets are not hurting for size either! I also love th light lacing the darker blues have (like ones in your pictures )
Wynette - you sure got a BIG SCORE with this line if we all are getting great looking birds like these and mine!

Back
Top Bottom