Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

And they keep getting bigger and bigger! Not even 5 months old!

LL

It's not a good idea to place roosts more than a foot or at the most, 18" off the ground for Giants; they get so large and heavy that if they hop down from a roost much higher than that, they can easily injur a leg or foot. As far as her (or any chickens) sleeping in the nest box, you sure don't wnat to encourage that for obvious reasons.
wink.png
Get yourself a small bucket or even a wadded up feed sack, and stuff it in there when they go in at night, then remove it first thing in the morning. If you do this for about 10 days to two weeks, that should break that habit & you'll continue getting clean eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Diana...may, I LOVE that coop of yours! Most awesome ventilation, a window for them to look out...dang, that's the Taj Mahal of coops to be sure!
And especially make the bedding nice and fluffy! If she gets a cut on her foot it could get infected and cause bumblefoot.

While doing our chores after the boys get off the bus from school yesterday. My youngest asked if we were a Master Breeders....Oh hunny, no we are not Master Breeders they have worked long and very hard to get the title of Master Breeder. Just a couple of wins doesn't get a breeder there. So then my oldest ask if we got our JG from a Master Breeder. I told him I didn't think so. Did I know of any Master Breeder in the JG Breed? I don't... Any one here know of a JG Master Breeder?. Then my son said he was going to be the first Master Breeder of the Jersey Giants. For a 13 yr old boy I sure hope he does!!!
thumbsup.gif

While doing our chores after the boys get off the bus from school yesterday. My youngest asked if we were a Master Breeders....Oh hunny, no we are not Master Breeders they have worked long and very hard to get the title of Master Breeder. Just a couple of wins doesn't get a breeder there. So then my oldest ask if we got our JG from a Master Breeder. I told him I didn't think so. Did I know of any Master Breeder in the JG Breed? I don't... Any one here know of a JG Master Breeder?. Then my son said he was going to be the first Master Breeder of the Jersey Giants. For a 13 yr old boy I sure hope he does!!!
thumbsup.gif
AWE! What a gem of a boy! I'm sure there are Giant master breeders, but don't tell him! Surely Bob Vaughn, among others, is one.

Back
Top Bottom