Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Here is another picture. I'm also unsure of age. Any help would be welcome. Thank you.

Thank you, ChickenChaser9. I'm not sure what it is to be honest. Someone else suggested WJG to me on the other forum. Thank you for giving me the age. Since it's completely white, makes it harder to figure it out. I'm taking it to our local FFA at the high school today to see if anyone there can help.

A white JG should have willow colored shanks and toes with the undersides of feet being yellow. Eye color should be brown/dark brown. All the other qualities that you could use as a guideline do not show themselves fully until the bird hits puberty. Best wishes!

So I've got 3 chicks that are supposed to be Jersey Giants. There's some brown growing in their feathers as you can see from the pics. Is this normal for their breed or do I have some other breed? Just curious. They're going to be apart of my first flock of chickens.

Absolutely NOT normal. This would be a huge disqualifying fault. They should also have nearly black shanks and toes. Yours have too much willow. Also they should have Dark Brown eyes so you are WAAAAAAAAAY outside the standard of perfection.

You are welcome. Specifically what you are seeing is Red bleeding though the black not brown. They look like healthy happy chicks aside from that. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom