Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Giant friends - District VI of the NJGC put together a nifty 2014 calendar with loads of really great pictures in it - the proceeds go toward their youth program (they have a FANTASTIC youth program out there!). The price is $20, which includes shipping - There are some really nice conformation photos as well as some fun photos. If anyone is interested in ordering one, please PM me for further info. (below is pic of the front of the calendar, but the inside photos have not yet been released.)

Fuzzy, it's really tough to tell with just two pictures. She's definitely a pretty gal, but her topline (back) is not as long as we like to see in Giants. They should have very long backs, and they should be perfectly horizontal. Are the bottoms of her feet yellow? She has nice edging - I do note her wing carriage is too high (should be horizontal) and her tail looks a bit pinched. Again, though, she's a lovely lady!

Fuzzy, it's really tough to tell with just two pictures. She's definitely a pretty gal, but her topline (back) is not as long as we like to see in Giants. They should have very long backs, and they should be perfectly horizontal. Are the bottoms of her feet yellow? She has nice edging - I do note her wing carriage is too high (should be horizontal) and her tail looks a bit pinched. Again, though, she's a lovely lady!
I really appreciate your input and understand from the lack of photos. Yes, the bottom of her feet are yellow. We don't show or anything, but I don't want to invest in a Giant Roo and end up depleating the gene pool if she's less than acceptable.

Would you consider her to be breeding quality?

Would you consider her to be breeding quality?
Can you get more pictures? Like from the side? Her back looks a little short but part of that could be the picture?? Her tail looks narrow/pinched. I really like her color and she has nice lacing. Also an appealing head w/o being to small, nice eye color from what I can see. If you do decide to get a rooster, try to find a nice wide black one.

Back
Top Bottom