Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Beautiful hen! I had a splash orp like that, she was huge and had those billowy loose feathers. Everyone thought she was a cockerel, but she was a hen.
Kathy, I have some bigger chickens from you. One is huge huge. Has feathers like yours. Out of my 7, 3 are pullets, 2 are cockerels, 2 are keeping me guessing!

Wynette Bobbi has several different breeders Some of her roosters are massive some are just big. I have a rooster from her that I named Colbalt He stands 31 inches tall and weighs over 17 pounds. Hes actually too big to show. Some of the hens I have from Bobbi are also extremely tall they look like cockerels at first sometimes its just too hard to tell until they are much older.

Quote:
Ohhhhh, I wanna see new pictures!
clap.gif
I have some chicks that are only a few weeks old. These are the first ones of my own that I have kept. I can hardly wait to see what they grow out to look like!

Yes, Wynette, I will get some better pictures and see if we can tell the sex for sure.

Quote:
Here are copies from 2 old threads, about worming.

Valbazen which is a cattle wormer is the best I've ever used..It kills more types of worms than all the others combined, And you don't have to worry about a massive worm kill like with piperazine or ivermectin which will sometimes clog the intestines..Valbazen slowly starves the parasites over a 2 to 5 day period..Valbazen is also used for human treatments at 400 mg child or adult..So unless you are allergic to it I'ts ok to consume the eggs after treatment, But I and all I know wait two weeks ..I'ts pricey at around $40.00 per bottle but well worth it

Dosage is 1/2 cc orally to adult large fowl.. 1/4 cc for bantams and young standard breeds

Is Ivermectin really effective for cecal or gizzard worms? Levamisol would be my choice as a water soluble..IMO Piperazine and Ivermectin has seen their better days as an effective round wormer..After wroming with everything from Red devil Lye to the old Salsbury Wormall Tablets I'm convinced that Valbazen is the most effective wormer that can be given to poultry, It even has anti-protozoa properties against Blackhead and coccidiosis...​

Quote:
Hey there! I knew she had several breed pens, but I still thought they'd be more consistent in size. Makes not a huge difference to me, actually - I see definite benefits and places I can use each & every one!
thumbsup.gif

Hi, Twice a year I used Ivomec Eprinex. Make sure you get the no withdrawel one. One dose of 1/2 ml or cc on the skin on the back of the neck. I do everyone at night after they roost, I sneak in with a flashlight. In between if need be I use Wazine in the water.

Back
Top Bottom