Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Here He is. His tail looks great to me but is it SOP?
47154_100_1341.jpg
URL][img]Let me know what you all think.

Last edited:
Goodness, that is ONE huge tail, for sure! Here's what the SOP says:

TAIL: Rather large, full, well-spread, carried at an angle of forty-five degrees (45*) above horizontal. Main tail -- broad and overlapping. Sickles -- of just sufficient length to cover main tail feathers. Coverts -- moderately abundant and medium in length.

To me, this guy's tail doesn't have enough of that overlapping effect....but I'm no expert!! In any event, he is a good lookin' guy!

Oh my, he gave me palpitations! Look at the size of the drumsticks on that fella!

Sugar sand,
That's a great looking bird. Got any recent pics? Mine is 9 months now. I think mine might not be pure JG or something. He does not have yellow on the bottom of his feet. If anyone knows a breed with this type of tail that looks like JG's let me know please.

Last edited:
That is a NICE bird. The feet on mine are gray on the bottom and dark gray on top. Same as his sister from the same batch of eggs I bought from someone on this site. Too bad you are so far away. I'd bring my splash hen down for a "visit"

Last edited:
yes he is something Hes from the Bobbi Porto line here in Florida Hes been freeranging so hes not up to show yet but we will start conditioning him now for the show next month. Check Bobbi website she does sell chicks and eggs its IndigoEgg.us.com She specializes in silkies but has some of the best giants around.

Back
Top Bottom