July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
My Marans and RIRs all fluffed up and goin to outside brooder..

Attachments

• 17262494-7600-47D7-AC53-CFF5F5E2ABF4.jpeg
    17262494-7600-47D7-AC53-CFF5F5E2ABF4.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 5
Chick pics. Cream legbar pullet, Araucana (or cross of), two olive eggers, Brahma? (Or cross of) and white Marans. Another olive egg started and then seems to have stopped. No action on the other eggs

Attachments

• 20230707_105111.jpg
    20230707_105111.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230707_104821.jpg
    20230707_104821.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230707_104712.jpg
    20230707_104712.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230707_104636.jpg
    20230707_104636.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230707_104947.jpg
    20230707_104947.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230708_044314.jpg
    20230708_044314.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 4
so I candled last night. I think I have 1 OE developing. left a couple others in but think they are clear or quitters.... What stinks is this one is due to hatch 2 days before the rest. I had 16 eggs I started and think only this 1 made it so far. today is day 11.

I have 3 shipped eggs developing still.

Then the 4 CCL I had set aside for a guy I work with I ended up putting in on Thurs as we hadn't been able to get them exchanged between us and I had now had them for 11 days... So don't have much hope for those since they sat around so long and my 8 that I had all ended up quitting (well 2 clear 6 quit) but figured I would at least give them a chance.

My breeder that ships is getting more ready for me so I will have those Wed or Thurs. and then I am trying to win some CCL eggs from ebay to hopefully have those at the same time. But those will be Aug....... Thought I was done with HAL after this one, but guess not. LMAO!

so I candled last night. I think I have 1 OE developing. left a couple others in but think they are clear or quitters.... What stinks is this one is due to hatch 2 days before the rest. I had 16 eggs I started and think only this 1 made it so far. today is day 11.

I have 3 shipped eggs developing still.

Then the 4 CCL I had set aside for a guy I work with I ended up putting in on Thurs as we hadn't been able to get them exchanged between us and I had now had them for 11 days... So don't have much hope for those since they sat around so long and my 8 that I had all ended up quitting (well 2 clear 6 quit) but figured I would at least give them a chance.

My breeder that ships is getting more ready for me so I will have those Wed or Thurs. and then I am trying to win some CCL eggs from ebay to hopefully have those at the same time. But those will be Aug....... Thought I was done with HAL after this one, but guess not. LMAO!
11 days isn't that old for eggs. Betcha you get a great hatch out of them! Even if it is only four eggs.

Candled the remaining eggs in my incubator: pulled 2 clears that were well over 7 days old and now I’m left with 4 that have life for sure + “44g” that I thought I should keep there a little longer after realizing that perhaps 39g passed because I’d stored it prior to incubating, and maybe they needed more time.
^ That was a long sentence.
Today is day 31 (28-day standard) for 44g, and maybe she can still pull through. :fl

There’s a giant pile of eggs under my broody lavender hen, but I’m not sure any of the ones she’s setting are from the initial L+L pairing. My last chance might be what’s in my Brinsea. :(

Hi, I'm Amy and I'm a Hatch-a-Holic.

I just hatched out 4 silkies on July 4 (Nurture 360 incubator) that were shipped from Ebay and I already put 20 more eggs in. LOL I put them in on Friday, and Today. Now I wouldn't normally stagger like that, but here's a fun story.

I got chicken eggs from a woman who lives a town over from me. She had hurricane damage to her house and was not staying there, but her chickens are there. So she gathers eggs every day and put them in the house. Since there is damage, the AC isn't running and the eggs began to incubate on their own. Neither of us realized this until I got the eggs home and half of them had a blood ring. So I salvaged 9 of them I believe that are in assorted stages of development (I'd say between days 2 and 5) and today I added 11 more eggs to the incubator that are on Day 1. I'll candle them all next Friday which should be Day 7 but may be day 10 for some, and Day 5 for the new ones.

*edited to add. These are all Silkie eggs.

We shall see! I'll call this FrankenBatch.

Can I join the Hatch A Long for July!? :)

I just hatched out 4 silkies on July 4 (Nurture 360 incubator) that were shipped from Ebay and I already put 20 more eggs in. LOL I put them in on Friday, and Today. Now I wouldn't normally stagger like that, but here's a fun story.

I got chicken eggs from a woman who lives a town over from me. She had hurricane damage to her house and was not staying there, but her chickens are there. So she gathers eggs every day and put them in the house. Since there is damage, the AC isn't running and the eggs began to incubate on their own. Neither of us realized this until I got the eggs home and half of them had a blood ring. So I salvaged 9 of them I believe that are in assorted stages of development (I'd say between days 2 and 5) and today I added 11 more eggs to the incubator that are on Day 1. I'll candle them all next Friday which should be Day 7 but may be day 10 for some, and Day 5 for the new ones.

Everyone is welcome! I'm done hatching for the month myself, but I know what you mean about being addicted to it!

#FrankenBatch totally matches my collage of guinea eggs this year - ha!

I found ~3 more on top of an appliance in the utility room that has apparently been incubating them, and the one that I’d penciled “Clear” definitely had blood vessels today. :eek: Those went into the empty cells in my Brinsea.

Enjoy your ensuing babies!!

Back
Top Bottom