July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
ok. Think something is going on with the CCL eggs I got locally.... So I got 12. I set 8 right away 6/8 started, around day 5 I had 2 quit then around day 7 the other 4 quit. The other 4 I had sitting out for a guy I work with, long story but he didn't end up getting them. So 8 days after I set mine and 11 days after I met her with them I figured why not see what they do and put them in my incubator. 3/4 started. today is day 7..... well 1 quit and 1 looks kind of eh..... the last one right now is looking good. Where I had such a horrible time with only 4/33 eggs going I thought maybe it was something I did. But ODD that almost all the CCL eggs quit between day 5-7..........

But my OE egg is on day 16...... my EE eggs and brahma egg, 3 total, are on day 14....... Then those CCL eggs are on day 7.... Sure hope I get the 2 that are still going from that! I will add them in with the other chicks but want whoever hatches to have a couple days to get their feet under them but don't want a poor lone chick! Bad enough the OE baby if it hatches will be alone for a couple days!

ok. Think something is going on with the CCL eggs I got locally.... So I got 12. I set 8 right away 6/8 started, around day 5 I had 2 quit then around day 7 the other 4 quit. The other 4 I had sitting out for a guy I work with, long story but he didn't end up getting them. So 8 days after I set mine and 11 days after I met her with them I figured why not see what they do and put them in my incubator. 3/4 started. today is day 7..... well 1 quit and 1 looks kind of eh..... the last one right now is looking good. Where I had such a horrible time with only 4/33 eggs going I thought maybe it was something I did. But ODD that almost all the CCL eggs quit between day 5-7..........

But my OE egg is on day 16...... my EE eggs and brahma egg, 3 total, are on day 14....... Then those CCL eggs are on day 7.... Sure hope I get the 2 that are still going from that! I will add them in with the other chicks but want whoever hatches to have a couple days to get their feet under them but don't want a poor lone chick! Bad enough the OE baby if it hatches will be alone for a couple days!
Geez, your luck is matching mine earlier this season! :hugs

I love seeing all the new hatchlings in this thread! ❤️❤️❤️

My silkie babies are a week old today and VERY uncooperative with pictures lol
View attachment 3576143
You ended up with an awesome variety of colors! ❤️ Adorable!

I hope what you have left all make it to the end!

I have 8 quail out now! I’m planning on leaving them in the incubator until tomorrow morning. They should be ok that long, right? Brooder and heat plate are ready but I’d rather wait til morning when the garage warms up to move them out there.

You ended up with an awesome variety of colors! ❤️ Adorable!

I hope what you have left all make it to the end!

I have 8 quail out now! I’m planning on leaving them in the incubator until tomorrow morning. They should be ok that long, right? Brooder and heat plate are ready but I’d rather wait til morning when the garage warms up to move them out there.
Thanks!!!! I did win some CCL eggs on eBay and my regular seller sent me more that I have to get from the PO tomorrow and setting a few of mine. So setting another 26-28 tomorrow. Lol

Yes they will be fine. See yours are popcorning out too, someone told me their quail do that too, once one hatches they all start. I didn't have that luck

First baby!
20230715_112542.jpg

Back
Top Bottom