July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Just moved the 3 oldest chicks to the brooder! Only two eggs left, which they look like they will hatch later on today.

Attachments

• IMG-4365.jpg
    IMG-4365.jpg
    737.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-4370.jpg
    IMG-4370.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-4373.jpg
    IMG-4373.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-4377.jpg
    IMG-4377.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-4388.jpg
    IMG-4388.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 7
My eggs lockdown on Monday. But two are so full there's not any light shining through except for the air cell (not big enough). So I locked those two down today in my spare incubator. Still a little worried about them as their air cells don't seem right, but the chicks are moving and very crammed for space in those eggs. Should I hold off on bumping up the humidity?

The eggs finished hatching today! I had both of 2 eggs hatch over the course of today, so now I have ten chicks.😊 I moved the oldest 8 chicks into the brooder but left the youngest 2 in the incubator, which I'll move them into the brooder tomorrow morning. I'll also take some pictures tomorrow morning when its light outside!

The eggs finished hatching today! I had both of 2 eggs hatch over the course of today, so now I have ten chicks.😊 I moved the oldest 8 chicks into the brooder but left the youngest 2 in the incubator, which I'll move them into the brooder tomorrow morning. I'll also take some pictures tomorrow morning when its light outside!
Congrats!!!!

Congratulations! can't wait to see the pictures :)

Day 21 Went out this morning and mama was off the nest (12 eggs). 3 eggs were cracked, one significantly so. I wasn't expecting this yet it's technically day 20 of her sitting on them, and I panicked a little, thinking the other hens had trampled them, especially since she wasn't sitting on them. The one I could see some of the chick and a little blood, so I picked it up thinking it was dead, but it was moving so I carefully replaced it. No peeping or chirping yet. Praying everything goes smoothly, my EE hen, Cho, and I are both new to this!

Day 21 Went out this morning and mama was off the nest (12 eggs). 3 eggs were cracked, one significantly so. I wasn't expecting this yet it's technically day 20 of her sitting on them, and I panicked a little, thinking the other hens had trampled them, especially since she wasn't sitting on them. The one I could see some of the chick and a little blood, so I picked it up thinking it was dead, but it was moving so I carefully replaced it. No peeping or chirping yet. Praying everything goes smoothly, my EE hen, Cho, and I are both new to this!
Thats pretty normal for eggs to hatch on day 20. Most of mine hatch on day 20 actually, so don't be alarmed! Sounds like your going to have some chicks really soon!

Back
Top Bottom