Just bought four ducklings off the back of a bike. Any idea what type they are?

I've seen adult ducks scared to death of ducklings it's quite hilarious. I was looking for the sharp tip on the bill and kinda looks like a couple may have it. They are so cute how did they react to the big goose?

They are totally confused. They've been in a pen with 200 ducks on the back of a motorcycle their whole short life, so they don't know what to make of their new surroundings (and our geese!). They are very much imprinted to each other, so they just run in a little pack trying to get away from everything.

Do you think the goose might actually take over mothering them if things go well? She's very interested in them, just a bit scared. She was scared of our last duckling, too. When we got him he was running after our geese and ducks because he didn't want to be alone, and they were all terrified and ran away from him.
roll.png

They do seem to have similar coloring to pekin/muscovy crosses. I'll get some cuter pictures tomorrow :)

They are totally confused. They've been in a pen with 200 ducks on the back of a motorcycle their whole short life, so they don't know what to make of their new surroundings (and our geese!). They are very much imprinted to each other, so they just run in a little pack trying to get away from everything.

Do you think the goose might actually take over mothering them if things go well? She's very interested in them, just a bit scared. She was scared of our last duckling, too. When we got him he was running after our geese and ducks because he didn't want to be alone, and they were all terrified and ran away from him.
roll.png

They do seem to have similar coloring to pekin/muscovy crosses. I'll get some cuter pictures tomorrow :)
Maybe if you sit out with them and let the geese and ducklings be in the same area things may calm down some. It's kinda like us and mice I guess when we see mice we want to run too, well these tiny ducklings really don't look like ducks yet so they are mice to the geese. lol

one of them looks like a muscovy but my other thought is mixed breeds, like welsh harlequin and pekin or musocvy mules, lastly i would say some kind of pastel rouen mix my pastels had p
vlack on their tails and heads but the yellow was slight darker still very light but not as much as a white kind of yellow thats yours have.

They all have little black tails, but one is all yellow apart from that, and the other three have black stripes down their back under the yellow. One of them has a very distinct black stripe on the back and head. The biggest one is now twice the size of the smallest one, even though they were all the same when we got them! Because we are raising them for someone else (giving three away and keeping one) we are trying not to name them, but have ended up calling them droopy, crusty, orange bill and orange feet. Pretty terrible names!

They all have little black tails, but one is all yellow apart from that, and the other three have black stripes down their back under the yellow. One of them has a very distinct black stripe on the back and head. The biggest one is now twice the size of the smallest one, even though they were all the same when we got them! Because we are raising them for someone else (giving three away and keeping one) we are trying not to name them, but have ended up calling them droopy, crusty, orange bill and orange feet. Pretty terrible names!
They sure are cute. How long will you have them before going to your friend? I'd love to see them as they grow sounds like they are going to be beautiful. I can already see a big change in them.

Back
Top Bottom