Kentucky people

I just thought that the brown chinese should have black bills. He did have some embden running with them. Since the Chinese and embden are from differant species (greyleg and swan) would those crosses be mules? Or are they close enough to be fertile?

Hi!
I just wanted to let folks know.....

I have three pet quality Started Splash silkies, aproximately 4-7 weeks old.
10.00 each or $25.00 for all three.
There is no telling at this point whether they are male or female, sorry.
PM me if interested
big_smile.png

Pick up only, I am 5 minutes from Louisville's East End.

56059_pqsilkie1.jpg

56059_pqsilkie2.jpg

56059_pqsilkie3.jpg

Quote:
Honestly, they'll probably do good on the grass. I give mine a 20% flock raiser for the first few weeks, then they are put 'on pasture'. After I turn them out with the others, they get mainly grasses and corn. If their protein levels are too high they can develop angel wing.

Mine are 3 weeks+ I have been going out and picking grass for them ( They love crabgrass). They are in an 8ft by 16ft shed(dirt, straw or woodshavings?). I have it fenced in with livestock panel so for now they are small enough to squeeze through or I would let them out. I do have some 3ft welded wire that I roll out and let them graze but 6 geese mow this dry summer grass pretty quick lol. What breeds of geese dig you end up getting? I was checking the tops of their beaks and two of the white ones have round tops like chinese, the other two have the concave top like the greyleg breeds (maybe embden chinese cross) and the grey have concave as well (probably embden). I guess the embden start out grey and molt in white. Plus they were never black beaked. Time will tell.
Matt

Quote:
We will be at the Marathon lot. Right off I75 at exit 136. Super easy to get to.

Thanks! July 17, at exit 136, Marathon station lot. Got ya... hope I can make it.

I now have three fluffy butts and one still wet, on these first few hours of day 21. All are dark cornish so my roo is doing his job. I don't expect a high hatch rate since I put many of the eggs in the fridge for a few days till I had enough eggs to fill an incubator. About 25 % didn't develop. I think they were the smaller eggs from the younger hens. Anyway, It was neat to wake up to find three already hatched out.

Hi...new to chickens...we are just outside Louisville and are looking for help processing some roosters for the freezer...would be willing to pay someone to do the deed...just want it done safely and humanely. Thanks!

Quote:
What side of Louisville are you on? Out in Henry County near Sligo there's a young couple that have chickens and sometimes have a sign out advertising state certified processed chickens.

Larry

Hi All!
I haven't been to a swap this year and am missing them!
I read there is one in Sadieville (North of Georgetown/Lex) that is this weekend,
and I use to go the the Frankfort and Paris ones.. but I think they moved.
Anyone have any info for me?
Im in need of chicken window shopping!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom