Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Well, they went to the garage. He didn't leave me an option. Haha doing well so far! Thanks so much for all the advice everyone!! I do have one chick I assisted that I have no idea what the heck happened to him. I got him out and hardly any blood but there was a bit of "stuff" hanging from his vent I cut off. He looks like he has cooked yolk stuck to him?!? I doubt he makes it but I know I did my best for him! I did wash him off after this, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what is stuck to the poor little guy?
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Well, they went to the garage. He didn't leave me an option. Haha doing well so far! Thanks so much for all the advice everyone!! I do have one chick I assisted that I have no idea what the heck happened to him. I got him out and hardly any blood but there was a bit of "stuff" hanging from his vent I cut off. He looks like he has cooked yolk stuck to him?!? I doubt he makes it but I know I did my best for him! I did wash him off after this, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what is stuck to the poor little guy?
[/URL]
Is he dead?

-Kathy

[/URL]
I'm no expert, but this looks like a possible yolk sack infection:

-Kathy

Gosh, sorry, didn't mean to scare you! If he's alive, that's great. No need to worry about the others... yolk sac infections aren't "contagious". Again, sorry if I scared you. :hugs

-Kathy

Oh okay, that's great news! I just got home and peeked at him and he's still hanging in there. He lifted his head and chirped a bit. Maybe there's a bit of hope for him after all. Thanks for your expertise! :)

Well, they went to the garage. He didn't leave me an option. Haha doing well so far! Thanks so much for all the advice everyone!! I do have one chick I assisted that I have no idea what the heck happened to him. I got him out and hardly any blood but there was a bit of "stuff" hanging from his vent I cut off. He looks like he has cooked yolk stuck to him?!? I doubt he makes it but I know I did my best for him! I did wash him off after this, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what is stuck to the poor little guy? [

Poor lil guy. I have never seen that. Thanks for posting pics tho. Congrats on your first hatch! You should feel very proud. Glad everything is good with your child too!:D

Back
Top Bottom