Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
My 3 pullets (2 black and 1 blue) consistently lay 2.0-2.3 ounce eggs. In fact I got the largest ameraucana egg I have ever seen today. It is a legitimate 2.6 ounces and I think it came from the blue pullet since she consistently lays a 2.3 ounce egg. I am thinking it is a double yolker but not sure since I did not crack it open yet. Does anyone think it could be a single yolked egg at this size?? These three pullets are about 8 months old and started laying in mid December. Has anyone ever gotten an egg this big from an ameraucana?

My 3 pullets (2 black and 1 blue) consistently lay 2.0-2.3 ounce eggs. In fact I got the largest ameraucana egg I have ever seen today. It is a legitimate 2.6 ounces and I think it came from the blue pullet since she consistently lays a 2.3 ounce egg. I am thinking it is a double yolker but not sure since I did not crack it open yet. Does anyone think it could be a single yolked egg at this size?? These three pullets are about 8 months old and started laying in mid December. Has anyone ever gotten an egg this big from an ameraucana?

Are you sure they are PURE Ameraucanas? That is not the norm for Ameraucanas. They are not really know for production or large eggs. I have Wheatens and Lavs and had Black and none laid a large or bigger egg even the hens. I didn't even get that big of an egg from my Olive Egger Crosses when I used Ams. My wheatens are the most productive layers right now of the 2 ams, but the laves are not far behind, but there are more pullets in there so I should get more eggs and I never do.

My EE were great layers of BIG XL - Jumbo eggs and regularly (6-7 eggs a week). I really did like that about them. That is why I made my Super Blue Egg layer Cross.... missed my XL and Jumbo Blue eggs.

WOW I need some of those girls in my pens. I might have to work on that down the road. Now I am just working on getting some good breeders to work with.

My biggest and bluest egg layer is a Blehm Black hen. Just weighed one and it was 64 grams. My black splits lay the next biggest and my 1 pure lav hen lays the smallest.

Well my just over 2 week old babies got to go outside for just a bit. They weren't too sure what to make of all the chicken noise and big chickens. They are Lavender and Lav/Black Split Ameraucanas from John Blehm.

Glad to hear they lay good sized eggs!

.... when they get bigger- if they aren't boys...
lau.gif

Last edited:
Well my just over 2 week old babies got to go outside for just a bit. They weren't too sure what to make of all the chicken noise and big chickens. They are Lavender and Lav/Black Split Ameraucanas from John Blehm.

Glad to hear they lay good sized eggs!

.... when they get bigger- if they aren't boys...
lau.gif

They are beautifullll!!!! I can't wait to get mine. I'm so happy to see he is already starting with his orders. I thought with the crazy weather he has going to start delay the start of shipments.

Back
Top Bottom