Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I got my first egg from my lavender girls the other day :) I'm not sure if my roo is doing his job or not but every egg I get is being saved up to go in the bator, since it's running anyway lol :)

Good luck!!!
1f60a.png

I finally got my very first Lavender Ameraucana. The lady I got him from bought shipped fertile eggs and only one hatched. Since she only had the one chick she sold him to me for $10. She basically paid $25 for him.

He hatched October 2nd. He has stress lines in his feathers and they look ragged. I don't know if that's because of the tail shredder gene or from stress. I'm thinking about getting a black one to breed him with next year.

I'm thinking it's a little cockerel. How do you think he looks? Is he the proper color?

I finally got my very first Lavender Ameraucana. The lady I got him from bought shipped fertile eggs and only one hatched. Since she only had the one chick she sold him to me for $10. She basically paid $25 for him. He hatched October 2nd. He has stress lines in his feathers and they look ragged. I don't know if that's because of the tail shredder gene or from stress. I'm thinking about getting a black one to breed him with next year. I'm thinking it's a little cockerel. How do you think he looks? Is he the proper color?
Congrats on your new chick. :) It's a little early to make any assessments/critiques on her/him, but I hope s/he turns into a beautiful bird for you! If s/he is definitely a lavender Ameraucana, you could breed him/her with other lavender Ameraucanas to create 100% lavender offspring, or you could mate him/her with a black Ameraucana to create what is termed "blacks split to lavender" to improve feather quality and type if it is needed. I'll attach a breeding chart just in case you don't have one on hand. Lavenders can be notoriously hard to sex. Sometimes it can take 8-10 weeks before you know with certainty what they are. Just out of curiosity, what color is his/her shanks and feet turning thus far? I couldn't tell from the photos. Best wishes!

I finally got my very first Lavender Ameraucana. The lady I got him from bought shipped fertile eggs and only one hatched. Since she only had the one chick she sold him to me for $10. She basically paid $25 for him.

He hatched October 2nd. He has stress lines in his feathers and they look ragged. I don't know if that's because of the tail shredder gene or from stress. I'm thinking about getting a black one to breed him with next year.

I'm thinking it's a little cockerel. How do you think he looks? Is he the proper color?

I agree cockerel.

Congrats on your new chick. :) It's a little early to make any assessments/critiques on her/him, but I hope s/he turns into a beautiful bird for you! If s/he is definitely a lavender Ameraucana, you could breed him/her with other lavender Ameraucanas to create 100% lavender offspring, or you could mate him/her with a black Ameraucana to create what is termed "blacks split to lavender" to improve feather quality and type if it is needed. I'll attach a breeding chart just in case you don't have one on hand. Lavenders can be notoriously hard to sex. Sometimes it can take 8-10 weeks before you know with certainty what they are. Just out of curiosity, what color is his/her shanks and feet turning thus far? I couldn't tell from the photos. Best wishes!

I can get a better picture tomorrow morning.

Well my friends, it has been a pleasure. I have been on this site for a while now and selling Lavenders for a year. Someone snitched on me and the city is making me move my birds off property forcing me to sell my flock. I had over 50 birds in total and someone is supposed to come now to buy my last 28. I will miss my main roo that's for sure

Well my friends, it has been a pleasure. I have been on this site for a while now and selling Lavenders for a year. Someone snitched on me and the city is making me move my birds off property forcing me to sell my flock. I had over 50 birds in total and someone is supposed to come now to buy my last 28. I will miss my main roo that's for sure

I'm so sorry!

I am so sorry.

Don't you just hate the city!!!

So sorry to hear that. You should move outside of city limits and start again! :) Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom