Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Sooooo.... I'm hoping to not stir up politics (as I don't have time to read the whole thread and don't really know whats going on in here. :fl ) but I was just hoping to find someone that can point me in the direction of a Lavender Ameraucana... pullet chick or hen... Thanks!

I have 2 two year old Lavender Americauna hens that I got from John in 2015. His stock is top quality, with no gold leakage in the down. They have been giving me 75% Lavender under a split roo. I have to let go of these beautiful birds since we have to downsize. I have sent you a PM with a way to contact me.

I have 2 two year old Lavender Americauna hens that I got from John in 2015. His stock is top quality, with no gold leakage in the down. They have been giving me 75% Lavender under a split roo. I have to let go of these beautiful birds since we have to downsize. I have sent you a PM with a way to contact me.

Sorry, that should have been spelled Ameraucana. Fat fingered that one lol.

I have a 12 week old lavender ameraucana that I am still having a hard time deciding if it is a pullet or roo. It is just now starting to get some tail feathers so that makes me lean towards the roo, after reading that's something common with roos. And it has a pretty red comb, but the comb has pretty much stayed the same color and size since about 4 weeks of age. It doesn't "act" like a roo, but maybe that is because there is already a pretty dominant roo that is the same age that I got at the same time. It has never made any attempt to crow like my other roo, instead it kind of has a honking sound that it makes. Oh, and it is pretty small, compared to the 3 other chicks that I got at the same time, granted they are different breeds, but it wasn't supposed to be a bantam.

Here are some photos of the questionable little thing who's name is Periwinkle

One day old
20170413_101753.jpg

10 days
Periwinkle 10 days.jpg

24 days
Periwinkle 24 days.jpg

7 weeks
Periwinkle 7 weeks B.jpg

11 weeks - not much tail feathers
Periwinkle 11 weeks.jpg

and one from yesterday for size comparison
Periwinkle 12.5 weeks B.jpg

close up of tail feathers
Periwinkle 12.5 weeks.jpg

Last edited:
I recently fell in love with the lavender colour bought 10 but won and auction for 18 fertile eggs from lavender ameracauna another line

Last edited:
I have a 12 week old lavender ameraucana that I am still having a hard time deciding if it is a pullet or roo. It is just now starting to get some tail feathers so that makes me lean towards the roo, after reading that's something common with roos. And it has a pretty red comb, but the comb has pretty much stayed the same color and size since about 4 weeks of age. It doesn't "act" like a roo, but maybe that is because there is already a pretty dominant roo that is the same age that I got at the same time. It has never made any attempt to crow like my other roo, instead it kind of has a honking sound that it makes. Oh, and it is pretty small, compared to the 3 other chicks that I got at the same time, granted they are different breeds, but it wasn't supposed to be a bantam.

Here are some photos of the questionable little thing who's name is Periwinkle

One day old
View attachment 1068288

10 days
View attachment 1068313

24 days
View attachment 1068314

7 weeks
View attachment 1068315

11 weeks - not much tail feathers
View attachment 1068317

and one from yesterday for size comparison
View attachment 1068321

close up of tail feathers
View attachment 1068319

Cockerel, no doubt...

Cockerel, no doubt...
I am curious the chicks I picked up 6 weeks there are those with a bit longer tail feathers other are close to the tail end and stop.. deoes the longer tail usually a trait on the male

Is anyone selling chicks presently?
Where are you located are you willing to take straight run? or do you want eggs?

Back
Top Bottom