Leann's "Adopt Me" Bargain from Myer Hatchery

Mandymooligan

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Chino Valley, AZ
Well I did it!! I ordered the Leann's "Adopt Me" Bargain from Myer Hatchery. It should be here next week. Curiousity got the best of me. I will (of course) post photos and a full review! I figured I better do it before it heats up.
wee.gif

I am so hopeful it will be a colorful assortment of lots of different breeds. And even a turkey or two
fl.gif

EEEEEKS!! I've got my Leanes Adopt Me Special being processed today.
jumpy.gif
My biggest fear was that I would get a bunch of white meat chickens but kept reading of people getting all these adorable bantams and some rare breeds so I thought I would take a chance. Then today Myer posted this on their FB page "Ready to ship out today: Golden Buff Female, White Broiler St Run, Broad Breasted White & Bronze Turkeys St Run, and many other female layers!!!!" I sure hope I do not get a bunch of white meat birds. I could never process my own birds. Please send positive thoughts my way. I will be chewing my fingernails off before they get here!
fl.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I hate to tell you, but the broad breasted turkeys you're getting are the equivalent of broiler chickens. Meaning they will have to be processed, also, before they start dying of heart problems, and things like that.

If you aren't able to do it, raise them up and sell them live on CL when they are almost butchering age.

Good luck,

Shelly

Quote:
I hate to tell you, but the broad breasted turkeys you're getting are the equivalent of broiler chickens. Meaning they will have to be processed, also, before they start dying of heart problems, and things like that.

If you aren't able to do it, raise them up and sell them live on CL when they are almost butchering age.

Good luck,

Shelly

Thanks Shelly, I will keep you posted, Ayeyiyi!!
barnie.gif

I got 26 healthy colorful chicks of all descriptions. No turkies or ducks which I did not want anyway. I am very very pleased with the different types and the health of them. I would definitely order from Meyer again.

Back
Top Bottom