Leann's "Adopt Me" Bargain from Myer Hatchery

They are supposed to be straight run, late hatches left in the bins when cleaned out. I think they are because they have assortments to get rid of other leftover chicks after orders are pulled. You can even get standard bronze poults in a rare assortment of turkeys and real Ameraucana chicks if you are patient. If they don't carry what you want, they will try to add it as soon as they can. Good luck with them so far.

My Meyer Hatchery "LeAnn's Adopt Me" Assortment (20 birds) arrives next week—from the June 3rd hatch. I'm really excited to see what I get! I'm open to anything, of course, but my wish list would include anything penciled or spangled, turkey poults would be awesome, anything crested or unusual would be cool. Fingers crossed. I'm hoping not to get bantams or naked necks (I know people love them, but I'm not partial to their look), or too many white birds as predators around here can be hard on them. I'm really excited about this, like elementary school kid excited. Squee!! I will post photos.

Sorry for the delay - I've been trying to figure out what all I received. I had quite a few losses
but a few of the birds are shown below - No idea what the top photo is -

I received 2 of these and they have started growing crests n the top of their heads. They also have feathered feet.

These are Delawares, I received 5 of these, friendly chicks

These are Bantam Mottled Cochin (I think) enormous feathers on their feet, very friendly

These are partridge Penedesencas, I received 5 of these

203 week Partridge Rock I received 3 of these

Bantam Black Cochin 203 weeks - I received one

At 2-3 weeks - the Penedesencas, and the Bantam mottled cochins

Left: Partridge Penedesenca
Center: Easter Egger/Ameracauna
Right: Light Brown Leghorn or Wellsummer

Salmon Faverolles

Barnevelders

Brown Leghorn

The little snots in yellow and black are bantam cochin
The center perched chick is an EE/Ameracauna as is the red hen to the right

Another Salmon Faverolle

Unless otherwise noted, all chicks pictured are from the June 3rd hatch and are exactly one month old.
If you have questions or want to see photos of them younger, please let me know.
Thanks! And let me know what you received.

Last edited:
So, at 8 weeks here are a sampling of the LeAnn's Adopt Me Barn Chicks - I ordered 20 and had some deaths.
I also ordered the Rare Breeds Assortment but I think this is the split...

LEE ANN'S ASSORTMENT
• Partridge Rocks
• Bantam Mottled Cochin
• Bantam Black Cochin Mix
• Bantam Light Leghorns / Welsummers

RARE BREEDS ASSORTMENT
• Delawares
• Salmon Faverolles
• Barnevelders
• Ameracaunas
• Standard Light Brown Leghorns

8 weeks - Partridge Rock

8 week Bantam Brown Leghorn Rooster

8 week old Bantam Black Cochin Mix (Silkie?)

8 week old - Bantm Mottled Cochin

Bantam Mottled Cochin Rooster

Bantam Black Cochin Mix (Appenzeller Spitzhauben?)

I know this is an old thread, but when I was thinking about ordering the Leann's assortment, I looked all over to find out what I might get, so I figure others will do the same. I ordered 15 chicks of Leann's from Meyer hatchery from the March 2 hatch and picked them up at the hatchery. Since I had to be in Ohio anyway I figured I'd save the shipping $ and save the chicks a rough ride via US postal service!
I was thrilled to see the variety when I opened the box at the hatchery! I could only figure out a few breeds right away. The Polish were pretty obvious!! My husband and college age son were with me. While we were checking out, dear hubby came over, looked in the box and said "That's it!? We came all this way for just that!?" Not the reaction I expected! Anyway to "make the trip worthwhile" I ordered another 15 Leann's chicks! When you order over 25 you get a freebie, so we walked out with 31 adorable babies! I have not identified them all yet, but I was able to wing-sex them and here's what we got:

20 Females
11 Males

1 buff Brahma
2 Buff Brahma Bantams (YaY!)
1 white crested Black Polish
1 White crested Blue Polish (COOL!)
2 Silver Polish
4 Buff Polish
2 Welsummers
1 Blue Ameraucana
1 Delaware
1 Light Brahma
1 Barnevelder
2 Gold Laced Wyandotte
1 Blue Splash Maran
2 Mille Fleur Bearded d'Uccle
1 Rhode Island Red
That's all I've been able to ID right now. The rest are black and white (austrolorp, Sex-link, Jersey Giant, barred Rock?) or just white so i'll just have to wait and see! All told, I would do this again!! It has been fun comparing and figuring them out..would have like some Salmon Faverolles or Turkeys, but that'll keep for next time. By the way, all chicks made it home, but I lost a Silver Polish about 4 days old. My fault, she had pasty butt and by the time I caught it, it was too late. The rest are jumping about and doing well! As for the sexing, I run about 90% accurate so-far.
So, if you are looking into getting some of Leann's , I'd say go for it!!

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but when I was thinking about ordering the Leann's assortment, I looked all over to find out what I might get, so I figure others will do the same. I ordered 15 chicks of Leann's from Meyer hatchery from the March 2 hatch and picked them up at the hatchery. Since I had to be in Ohio anyway I figured I'd save the shipping $ and save the chicks a rough ride via US postal service!
I was thrilled to see the variety when I opened the box at the hatchery! I could only figure out a few breeds right away. The Polish were pretty obvious!! My husband and college age son were with me. While we were checking out, dear hubby came over, looked in the box and said "That's it!? We came all this way for just that!?" Not the reaction I expected! Anyway to "make the trip worthwhile" I ordered another 15 Leann's chicks! When you order over 25 you get a freebie, so we walked out with 31 adorable babies! I have not identified them all yet, but I was able to wing-sex them and here's what we got:

20 Females
11 Males

1 buff Brahma
2 Buff Brahma Bantams (YaY!)
1 white crested Black Polish
1 White crested Blue Polish (COOL!)
2 Silver Polish
4 Buff Polish
2 Welsummers
1 Blue Ameraucana
1 Delaware
1 Light Brahma
1 Barnevelder
2 Gold Laced Wyandotte
1 Blue Splash Maran
2 Mille Fleur Bearded d'Uccle
1 Rhode Island Red
That's all I've been able to ID right now. The rest are black and white (austrolorp, Sex-link, Jersey Giant, barred Rock?) or just white so i'll just have to wait and see! All told, I would do this again!! It has been fun comparing and figuring them out..would have like some Salmon Faverolles or Turkeys, but that'll keep for next time. By the way, all chicks made it home, but I lost a Silver Polish about 4 days old. My fault, she had pasty butt and by the time I caught it, it was too late. The rest are jumping about and doing well! As for the sexing, I run about 90% accurate so-far.
So, if you are looking into getting some of Leann's , I'd say go for it!!
Thanks for posting this! I put in an order today for some Easter Eggers (we are in this to be able to share the beautiful eggs with friends, not much more) and on a total whim, picked up 25 of Leann's Adopt Me chicks. If we get a fun assortment to look at when they're out in the yard, the kids will be just thrilled!

Did anyone else have mortality issues? I saw where LAChickens had some problems... That's always hard with kids, although mine are getting better. I'm probably worse than they are!

Hoping for a variety and maybe even a couple of turkeys! I don't know that I could eat my own chickens, but I'd be mighty tempted to eat a turkey!

Back
Top Bottom