Lemon's Dog Adventure!

Do you like the name Bridgette?

• Total voters
Someone would actually try that? If my dog was guarding his food, there's no way I'd be putting my hand near it. Because a lot of dogs are protective around their food, I try to avoid going near their food while they're eating. Most I'll do is pet them while I tell them how good they are, or put more food in their bowl if they didn't have a full serving when they began. Because my dog often drinks his water after he eats, I'll sometimes refill his water bowl while he eats too. (My dog has zero aggression when it comes to his food or his toys. If one wanted to, they could literally take his stuff right out of his mouth with no problems. He's just untrustworthy around certain people that he might not be familiar with and no where else.)
Yeah that type of aggression has nothing to do with tug. Often it’s genetic or environmental like something happened to make him fearful.

Someone would actually try that? If my dog was guarding his food, there's no way I'd be putting my hand near it. Because a lot of dogs are protective around their food, I try to avoid going near their food while they're eating. Most I'll do is pet them while I tell them how good they are, or put more food in their bowl if they didn't have a full serving when they began. Because my dog often drinks his water after he eats, I'll sometimes refill his water bowl while he eats too. (My dog has zero aggression when it comes to his food or his toys. If one wanted to, they could literally take his stuff right out of his mouth with no problems. He's just untrustworthy around certain people that he might not be familiar with and no where else.)
I have seen it recommended a few times
How about a harness? At this young of an age, she's probably not ready for one yet; I just figured I'd suggest it. Are you planning on doing her nails yourself? If so, a lot of people suggest using a grinder with their dogs as the dogs don't mind them as much as actual clippers.
I much prefer the grinder to clippers

How about a harness? At this young of an age, she's probably not ready for one yet; I just figured I'd suggest it. Are you planning on doing her nails yourself? If so, a lot of people suggest using a grinder with their dogs as the dogs don't mind them as much as actual clippers.
Mine hates the noise. 😭

Yeah that type of aggression has nothing to do with tug. Often it’s genetic or environmental like something happened to make him fearful.
We've wondered if it was genetic or if something happened to him before we got him. He's a husky/lab mix and we got him when he was 2.5 years old.

We've wondered if it was genetic or if something happened to him before we got him. He's a husky/lab mix and we got him when he was 2.5 years old.
I would bet something either happened or he just wasn’t socialized properly. Sometimes nothing happens and they’re just under socialized.

Thats the same with Tucker he is untrustworthy of certain people. Especially men. Mostly probably because of his background that i dont know about

Back
Top Bottom