Lemon's Dog Adventure!

Do you like the name Bridgette?

• Total voters
Pics
Ive never heard of food causing it.
Its mostly genetic is what i heard.
We were looking at a litter of puppies, the grandsire had a tear stain, which caused a puppy out of the litter, the one that we were wanting to have them. But i didnt like the genetics of them so we didnt get him.
Food intolerance can be a genetic flaw and that could have been the issue. I've never heard of the food being an issue as far as tear stains, but I've never took note of tear stains before either. The only food issue I've noticed is certain foods may give my dog diarrhea. That's why sometime after I got my dog, I changed the food that he was on (and had been on since before I got him). Now he's only allowed lamb and rice dog food, which is expensive, but it helps his food intolerance a lot. He is also not allowed table scrapes whatsoever. The most he's allowed outside of his dog food is dog treats and meat scraps that is for my chickens. All of those are fed on occasion, not every day.

Food intolerance can be a genetic flaw and that could have been the issue. I've never heard of the food being an issue as far as tear stains, but I've never took note of tear stains before either. The only food issue I've noticed is certain foods may give my dog diarrhea. That's why sometime after I got my dog, I changed the food that he was on (and had been on since before I got him). Now he's only allowed lamb and rice dog food, which is expensive, but it helps his food intolerance a lot. He is also not allowed table scrapes whatsoever. The most he's allowed outside of his dog food is dog treats and meat scraps that is for my chickens. All of those are fed on occasion, not every day.
Denver my oldest golden is that way, the food she was brought home on gave her diarrhea. And tons of foods we tried for her did. Even Purina pro plan sensitive gave her diarrhea. She is on Taste of the wild but s picky about eating it. Im going to try another salmon food.

Denver my oldest golden is that way, the food she was brought home on gave her diarrhea. And tons of foods we tried for her did. Even Purina pro plan sensitive gave her diarrhea. She is on Taste of the wild but s picky about eating it. Im going to try another salmon food.
Try her on lamb and rice dog food only. The feed store told my Mom that a lot of dogs are having sensitivities to chicken in their food and that lamb and rice is working the best for them. Also, don't allow your dog any table scraps, especially bread.

Try her on lamb and rice dog food only. The feed store told my Mom that a lot of dogs are having sensitivities to chicken in their food and that lamb and rice is working the best for them. Also, don't allow your dog any table scraps, especially bread.
We have tried lamb and rice. The only table scraps she gets is yogurt, blueberries and carrots. Or chicken/beef and rice if she has diarrhea.

Ive never heard of food causing it.
Its mostly genetic is what i heard.
We were looking at a litter of puppies, the grandsire had a tear stain, which caused a puppy out of the litter, the one that we were wanting to have them. But i didnt like the genetics of them so we didnt get him.

Hmmm interesting. What breed? I have heard diet and seen incredible results just from people switching foods.
Yes, I've seen it first hand with my Bostons. Switched foods and the tear stains were either greatly reduced or gone completely. Could be an allergy causing their eyes to water.

We have tried lamb and rice. The only table scraps she gets is yogurt, blueberries and carrots. Or chicken/beef and rice if she has diarrhea.
I'd cut back on the yogurt. Also, treats can be an issue. That's why my dog don't get them everyday and don't get all the possible ones that he could get. (Some dog ice cream made him have a bad reaction with diarrhea once, so he's not even allowed that.)

Back
Top Bottom