Let's share our chicken decor!

Pics
The pillow has a name at the bottom - maybe it's a rare find and worth millions. You never know.

Hadn't thought of that, so had to google. (bet you knew I would have to
gig.gif
). There's one for sell on ebay, standard price IMO for decor small pillow.

But searched for Lowell Davis art, and he did do some amazing poultry and farm animal figurines, pillows and wall art. Have never seen any of those in my flea market adventures.

Hadn't thought of that, so had to google. (bet you knew I would have to
gig.gif
). There's one for sell on ebay, standard price IMO for decor small pillow.

But searched for Lowell Davis art, and he did do some amazing poultry and farm animal figurines, pillows and wall art. Have never seen any of those in my flea market adventures.

I had to look him up too. He's done some really nice things. I saw where he was referred to as the "Norman Rockwell of rural art", that describes his stuff alright. In addition to all his artwork, he re-created a small town in Missouri from the pre-WWII years.

Sort of makes having one of his pillows more fun, doesn't it @sunflour !

I had to look him up too. He's done some really nice things. I saw where he was referred to as the "Norman Rockwell of rural art", that describes his stuff alright. In addition to all his artwork, he re-created a small town in Missouri from the pre-WWII years.

Sort of makes having one of his pillows more fun, doesn't it @sunflour !
Yep, it does
wink.png

My first cross-stitch done decades ago, it hangs on the wall behind my sewing machine.

The painted duck basket is also in the sewing/craft room, it is a handy helper to keep tools close at hand.

@sunflour did you paint the basket? What a great way of keeping things handy! Btw, what are the blue and red thingies clipped on the side?

Love the cross-stich picture...I know that took hours. Good job!

What else are you holding out on us, hmmm?
lol.png

@sunflour did you paint the basket? What a great way of keeping things handy! Btw, what are the blue and red thingies clipped on the side?

Love the cross-stich picture...I know that took hours. Good job!

What else are you holding out on us, hmmm?
lol.png
I bought the basket so long ago, don't remember the details but I think an arts and craft fair? It came with the duck painting - haven't tried my hand at painting birds or poultry.....yet
wink.png

The cross-stitch didn't take as long as it looks, the white areas are the canvas, so about 1/3 didn't get stitches.

Those red and blue things are binding makers - if you need bias binding for projects , they do it in a zip. Just cut strips, feed inside the large end - use the loop to pull the gadget along in front of an iron and it presses the binding….( another example of how lazy I can be..love short cuts that look like a lot of work and time).

I make purses and carry bags - use the binding strips woven together for handles - so much nicer than the bought rope types.

***What else? Oh, so much, so much - just gotta find the stuff**
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Those binding makers are a pretty slick gadget. I quit sewing so long ago (other than the occasional mending job) they've probably come up with all sorts of gadgets I've never seen before. Hey, I'm all for things that make life easier! I didn't know you made purses and such...you'll have to show us a couple of them.

Slipped today on my promise to avoid more flea market adventures, made a day trip to Monroe, Ga…they have great Antique/flea market shops. This is what I couldn't pass up:

The rooster on wheelbarrow are McCoy USA - in good condition. Pair of hens are hand made pottery - with some glue repair, but barely shows. The Hen basket was only a couple of $$. Plate is from china but dishwasher and microwave safe and quite a heavy plate - may use for holidays or a plant saucer? They had loads of chicken stuff and some really interesting but pricey items. There were many like the yellow chicken with interesting patterns, but the simple one will fit my style best.

But OMG, they had a metal baby bath tub kinda like my DH's that I use in the run for sand bath and hen sitting interest. It was not attractive, and really rusty and they wanted $89.00 for it. Made sure DH didn't see that one..
sad.png
The hens would be mad if he took it away. LOL.

Good finds @sunflour ! I used to have several McCoy planters (small ones)...you got lucky finding the wheelbarrow! That basket is cute, well, so is everything!

Glad your girls get to keep their dust bathing tub (at least for now, lol).

Slipped today on my promise to avoid more flea market adventures, made a day trip to Monroe, Ga…they have great Antique/flea market shops. This is what I couldn't pass up:

The rooster on wheelbarrow are McCoy USA - in good condition. Pair of hens are hand made pottery - with some glue repair, but barely shows. The Hen basket was only a couple of $$. Plate is from china but dishwasher and microwave safe and quite a heavy plate - may use for holidays or a plant saucer? They had loads of chicken stuff and some really interesting but pricey items. There were many like the yellow chicken with interesting patterns, but the simple one will fit my style best.

But OMG, they had a metal baby bath tub kinda like my DH's that I use in the run for sand bath and hen sitting interest. It was not attractive, and really rusty and they wanted $89.00 for it. Made sure DH didn't see that one..
sad.png
The hens would be mad if he took it away. LOL.
I would have brought all of those home too. I bought a hen like your yellow hen at the local nursery, the only difference was it was blue. Your finds were great. I absolutely adore the rooster and wheelbarrow.

Back
Top Bottom