Lets talk about goats!

Buying the 80% pregnant goat is a goat people rite of passage.

You will stare and contemplate goat hoo hoo for hours- days even, you will put your doe on her side, is that rumination? Its so ACTIVE!

And no sooner than you declare babies on the way, she goes into the nastiest goat heat ever and proves you totally wrong.

I can't afford to feed any more 80% pregnant goats. Unless I can see nose and toes on the way out, I don't believe you. I've been three for the price of one and a half hustled before. Lol.

I wanted one of the babies, he offered me two for one, I took two for one he offered mama who was alread bred again and routinely throws twins, for the price of one and a half, five goats for less than the price of three...

Three for the price of three and two I didn't need and haven't gotten busy on selling yet. Mamas bred out and needs retired, and little boy isn't what im looking to breed.

I don't think people necessarily intend to hustle, but they also don't guarantee anything either.

I have a goat possibly on hold, good goat, boer cross, but 80% pregnant. I'm a wee bit leery on that now. I don't have tome for goat bottom divination at the moment.

Hailey-

Did she smell ungodly terrible when you got her? Bucky attention will rub off on anyone he touches, so if she smelled like she was both rotting and burning all at once when you got her, possibly.

My girls are in with my seven month old someday buck, and he's a late bloomer.

If your boy wasn't acting bucky yet, its not as likely. Blubbering, lip curling, sticking his head into others piddle puddles, and getting stinky.

My ram sheep is starting to discover his boy side and he has figured out he likes ewes, but not what to do about it. He's 14mo. There was an observable attitude shift over the course of a few months. He stopped backing down when the goat girls bully him around. He's a little more solitary, broody. He was lip curling sooner but not besotted and love sick like he is now. They'll never like me he seems to think.

Buying the 80% pregnant goat is a goat people rite of passage.

You will stare and contemplate goat hoo hoo for hours- days even, you will put your doe on her side, is that rumination? Its so ACTIVE!

And no sooner than you declare babies on the way, she goes into the nastiest goat heat ever and proves you totally wrong.

I can't afford to feed any more 80% pregnant goats. Unless I can see nose and toes on the way out, I don't believe you. I've been three for the price of one and a half hustled before. Lol.

I wanted one of the babies, he offered me two for one, I took two for one he offered mama who was alread bred again and routinely throws twins, for the price of one and a half, five goats for less than the price of three...

Three for the price of three and two I didn't need and haven't gotten busy on selling yet. Mamas bred out and needs retired, and little boy isn't what im looking to breed.

I don't think people necessarily intend to hustle, but they also don't guarantee anything either.

I have a goat possibly on hold, good goat, boer cross, but 80% pregnant. I'm a wee bit leery on that now. I don't have tome for goat bottom divination at the moment.

Maybe you could work into the deal that if she comes back into heat you get a free breeding

As a person who raises dairy goats: when I breed does to my buck, I keep them here through two heat cycles just to be sure. I will ALWAYS work with people if the doe comes up empty. This can happen for all sorts of reasons: a doe can lose a pregnancy just like a human can, they need to be fed properly, they need their shots etc. There are does out there too who are infertile (rare but it happens) and you can't get them pregnant no matter what. Most of the time the breeding fee is pretty minimal (with me, anyway) compared to the value of the kids.

It sometimes happens that a person gets mad AT ME and thinks I've cheated them... but you know what? If you never TELL ME THAT, I can't possibly guess! I know full well there are people out there who are unscrupulous but for the most part, you have got to tell the person your doe came up empty because they can not know that if you don't tell them. MOST serious breeders will then work with you.

I even had an extreme case this year: Last year, lady buys bred doe from me. This year, early in the year (Feb) doe kidded in the middle of the coldest night of the year, both kids freeze to death. She told me about it. I GAVE HER A FREE KID to make up for it, even though it was NOT my fault or anyone else's for that matter. So tell your breeder! Don't just assume they won't try and fix the situation. I know some people are dishonest but we are not all dishonest!

Back
Top Bottom