little giant 9300

Good to know about the sponges, thank you! Do they help to keep the large condensation drops forming on the lid? Do you put them in dripping wet or wrung out and how many do you use?

amylynn2374/@]
I've never had problems with condensation, so I don't know that. In between dripping wet and wrung out...lol I just wet them so they were fully wet, but not dripping. I had two regular sized and then I cut a third one in strips to space out in the bator. It was so much easier to crack the lid, grab one out wet it and slip it back in.

The sponges must help to keep the condensation at bay! I get this condensation, adding water to the chamber, at 60% and over. Thank you much Golden Feathers, happy Holidays!

I second that @bamadude
I just put a batch of my own eggs in to give it one more try without any water either. I put it in the basement and it's keeping a constant temp without water. The humidity is reading 16% watch they'll hatch LOL!

Last edited:
I even bought the 10300 (forced air). Its just as bad as the 9300. The temp spikes like crazy too.
I may fill it up with eggs and set a broody hen on top of it

I even bought the 10300 (forced air). Its just as bad as the 9300. The temp spikes like crazy too.
I may fill it up with eggs and set a broody hen on top of it
Very sad that they can charge so much for junk
1f620.png

They will arrive sooner than you think. I was told to have incubator ready and let eggs settle for at least 24 hours before placing in incubator. I have the Little Giant 9300 and the temps and humidity do not match with thermometer and hydrometer inside. Of 21 eggs in the incubator (12 were mail ordered CLB's) one hatched. The Marans were formed with egg sacs as well as one CLB and one Silky. Why they died? I don't know. I tried to increase the humidity in this incubator and it was impossible. I bought the hydrometer at Walmart and just wonder how accurate that is as well. The temp on that says 95 but the bator says 100 as well as another thermometer...just wishing you luck....I had none. Trying again with my hen eggs....still fluctuates a great deal. Guess that's what I get for buying a cheap incubator...
Best of luck...

They will arrive sooner than you think. I was told to have incubator ready and let eggs settle for at least 24 hours before placing in incubator. I have the Little Giant 9300 and the temps and humidity do not match with thermometer and hydrometer inside. Of 21 eggs in the incubator (12 were mail ordered CLB's) one hatched. The Marans were formed with egg sacs as well as one CLB and one Silky. Why they died? I don't know. I tried to increase the humidity in this incubator and it was impossible. I bought the hydrometer at Walmart and just wonder how accurate that is as well. The temp on that says 95 but the bator says 100 as well as another thermometer...just wishing you luck....I had none. Trying again with my hen eggs....still fluctuates a great deal. Guess that's what I get for buying a cheap incubator...
Best of luck...

Sorry, this is in response to the lady who ordered the Marans and Cream Leg Bars....I paid for mine on Saturday and they were in my mailbox Monday...

Back
Top Bottom