Long Islanders!! Long Island Poultry is GREAT....

i might try and post elsewhere...

but i am wondering anyone know what the laws about keeping chickens in rockville centre might be?

at one point i thought i saw something that made me think it wasn't legal but…. i can't find that now.

any help would be great

i might try and post elsewhere...

but i am wondering anyone know what the laws about keeping chickens in rockville centre might be?

at one point i thought i saw something that made me think it wasn't legal but…. i can't find that now.

any help would be great
Stating your state would certainly help.

hi, sorry yes it was rockville centre, long island new york

and after reading all the codes on the rvc website,

i have determined, that chickens and all live stock are illegal,

2 years ago i believe i had read, it was just illegal to have them within view of ones neighbors. now its just flat out no.

thanks

hi, sorry yes it was rockville centre, long island new york

and after reading all the codes on the rvc website,

i have determined, that chickens and all live stock are illegal,

2 years ago i believe i had read, it was just illegal to have them within view of ones neighbors. now its just flat out no.

thanks

I was born there, raised in Bellmore. Still got siblings on the island but I've been gone for 40+ years. Chickens were illegal in Bellmore even when I was a kid. Laws can be changed. My 2 Silver laced Wyandottes are very quiet if you are going stealth, not even an egg song, unlike my Golden Laced.

i think the laws against chickens have gotten stricter in rvc as far as i can tell…..

but i'm thinking about if i can do sneaky chickens, i suppose it depends on if my neighbors report me.

i live on almost an acre, i could put a chicken coup against the house or the garage, but the neighbors will see

i'm on the boarder of oceanside, which is town of hempstead….. so maybe its legal there? and i can get away with it…..

rvc is strict when they know you broke a rule

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom